Need some help starting with OH2 beta1

Greetings.
I’m trying to evaluate OH2

What have i done?

• read this
  • copied my old persistence, items and sitemap to new folders in conf
  • created mysql.cfg and mqtt.cfg in conf/services folder, copied values from my old openhab.cfg and removed the namespace from the keys
  • fired up openhab2

this basically seems to work. at least i can see the frontend listings.

what works:

• frontends
  • mysql persistence seem to work, i have a new table “items” in my database.

what does not work:

• mqtt: I added the string mqtt to bindings in addons.cfg, but this seems not to work. I used the console to search the features for mqtt and found esh-io-transport-mqtt, installed it but no change. Any idea how to start the mqtt client?
  • items and sitemap: nothing to see in any of the webUIs
    log states without any error:
20:40:26.083 [ERROR] [org.eclipse.smarthome.core.transform] - [org.eclipse.smarthome.action.transformation.action(72)] Circular reference detected, getService returning null
20:40:42.183 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /ui
20:40:42.541 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started dashboard at /start
20:40:45.770 [INFO ] [assic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Classic UI at /classicui/app
20:40:45.805 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app
20:40:46.023 [INFO ] [.openhab.core.internal.CoreActivator] - openHAB runtime has been started (v2.0.0, build b1).
20:40:46.117 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'home.sitemap'
20:40:46.880 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'mysql.persist'
20:40:47.064 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'home.items'

any hints?

Hello,
I have had problems getting MQTT to run on OH2. However, I just saw new comments to this tread:

It seems, as of today, that is is working, I have not checked yet myself.

@ceitean - is this a question? Are you saying it isn’t working for you and asking if it should be working?

I’m personally having problems with any 1.x bindings in OH2b1 and reverted back to the alpha (2015.12.29 build) but I’d like to try the latest again next weekend if I can find any info on how to get my 1.x bindings working in OH2b1 or newer.

I believe that Circular reference thing thing in the log is a known bug logged by @Kai.

https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/870

Right here: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/870

Folks, just a follow up on here.
I’m trying to make MQTT add-on (1.8) to work in OH2b1. Can someone tell me if it’s works?

Best Regards!
-BD

This should work for you:

Continuing the discussion from MQTT and OH2 - not working: