NEEO Remote Binding/Transport

Got an error

HTTP ERROR: 404

Problem accessing /neeo/index.html. Reason:

Not Found

Powered by Jetty://

index.html seems missing

I’m using OH 2.1.0.008 by the way…perhaps theres the issue?

@Matze
Yes - the current code based compiles against 2.2 - however I just updated to the latest and see the next message…

@jace

Just updated my 2.2 and it looks like they took out support for apache’s http client (as per https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/1689 ). I’m going to have to make some modifications to switch over to jetty and I’ll let you know when it’s good to try again…

Tim

@jace @Matze

Check out https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/2350 for the latest zip files (rename them to jar and place in addons) - should fix both your issues. Note: this is OH 2.2 at this point

Tim

Like I said, I’m using 2.1, and that works just fine for now, if I need to use 2 linked items I will give it a try. Perhaps I have some time in the upcoming days to upgrade to openhab 2.2, then I will give you an update on this one. Thanks for the time.

@tmrobert8 Just a question off topic: I have done some testing with my yamaha items and sidemaps. There you have the option of mapping to use a dropdown inside the basic ui. Is there any possibility to get this over to the things panel inside the paper ui to use this feature inside the neeo connector? But I thinks the main problem is that neeo don’t have this option yet either. It don’t have to be an dropdown, if you could use this as a button would be helpful as well. The AVR is very limited with automatically discovered things unfortunately.

Will see what the next updates bring.

best,
Matze

I’ve updated to those versions. I’m getting the same Error: 409 - Conflict.

I have both the binding and transport. This install is new (and I’m new!) I have a single thing defined, a Wemo Outlet/Switch. I am trying to run this on a Windows box.

The attached log is a fresh startup. (I appended xml to get the forums to allow the upload)
openhab.log.xml (13.2 KB)

@Matze

Interesting idea about using transformations. NEEO doesn’t provide drop downs natively and there isn’t anything I can do about that. However, I could potentially use the transformation to transform a value going/coming to NEEO instead (won’t get you the ability to select them - but would give you the ability to display ‘nice’ names).

What do you think?

Tim

@jace

You had a couple of interesting items in your log - the biggest is that it was picking up on two different versions of the binding.

Can you do this please:

go to the karaf console and type:

log:set debug org.openhab.io.neeo
log:set debug org.openhab.binding.neeo
bundle:uninstall org.openhab.io.neeo
bundle:uninstall org.openhab.binding.neeo

Those will set the debug levels on the binding/io to debug and then uninstall the bundles.

Now - delete both of the jar files from your addons directory and then type

logout

to stop the system. Then restart the system and drop the two jar files back into the addons directory.

Wait until you get the 409 conflict message again and copy the log file at this point (should have a BUNCH more messages).

Normally I would get the 409 error in the Paper UI when I go to add a room, but in doing the steps outlined, I got some errors in the log immediately after dropping the files in the addons directory. openhab2.log.xml (40.1 KB)

Thanks!

@tmrobert8

That sound like a good idea.

But my intention was more the issue that I need to add some more channels to the yamaha (or any other binding). I need to get the navigation channels of my yamaha AVR to the NEEO Connector. For now I just have Power, Input, Volume, Mute etc.
Is it possible to add channels manually to any binding to use this inside the NEEO Connector?
Another way could be to add another Yamaha AVR Things and use the controls from there inside NEEO. But this would be very inconvenient.

Matze

If I understand you correctly - you are saying that the Yamaha binding doesn’t provide all the channels you’d like. If that’s the case, no - I can only work with what the binding provides.

If you are saying that the binding has those channels and you don’t seem the in the NEEO connector - then I need to know more details because they should all be exposed (as long as you have linked them to some item)

@jace

I was just able to recreate the 409 on my side. Will have a fix shortly

Tim

@jace

Try the latest binding I posted (https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/2350) - should correct the 409

Tim

I’m not at home at the moment, but remoted in, and the new bundle fixes the 409 issue. I’m able to add rooms, and items for the various NEEO Scenarios and Recipes are populating.

I do still get the errors about component names already being registered. I did try the steps outlined above, bundle:uninstall… etc, again to see if that would clear that up, but it did not. It does still seem to carry on past that, though.

Yeah - that’s a weird one. BTW - you really ought to try out the transport instead - much more powerful because you can control openhab things from the remote itself.

This might be my issue. I was trying to use both of them! I’d assumed the transport exposed things to the NEEO, and the binding did the reverse. Is it a choose one situation?

Both coexist just fine. The binding will expose the brain’s recipes to openhab (allowing openhab to trigger recipes). The transport exposes openhab’s things/channels to the brain - allowing the brain/remote to control the things/channels.

Okay, that is what I had thought. I did just try it w/o the binding, and the transport is error-free starting.

Hi, i´m having a strange problem with this:

openHAB 2.2.0 Build #1073 (RasPi 3)

I installed the IO and the latest binding - cpu-load went up to over 30% - i could not get any commands throu OH, IO brain connected, brain an room online within the binding.
Reboot - cpu-.load went up to 60% - uninstalling IO and binding - cpu-load back under 20 - system working again (but still a high cpu-load).
Installed IO again - cpu-load is about 40%, system working - brain not discovered.
Installed the binding - brain and room online - system working - cpu-load around 40%.
openhab restart - IO: brain connectet - cpu-load: around 30%, system not working
uninstalling IO - system working again
cpu-load is coming down again.

This testing took me about 2 hours - so i thing OH had enough time…
The Brain is connected twice (WiFi/Cable, only one Brain is found)

I also had a similar problem with the sony binding (i did not look at the cpu-load there), which made OH refuse working - so i moved from Synology to a RasPi, but i didn´t try the sony binding on the RasPi jet.

openhab_a.log.xml (672.2 KB)
chart
as you can see, the cpu-load is still very high, after waiting about 15 minutes… (without IO, binding only)

I hope you can help…

EDIT (2h later):
Look like the cpu-load is not the problem - it´s down now.
I got a lot of these errors with the IO:
[WARN ] [ore.internal.events.OSGiEventManager] - Dispatching event to subscriber 'org.openhab.io.neeo.NeeoService@e82469' takes more than 5000ms.
Maybe there is a network problem - but, the connection with other devices is working fine - i can stream without any problems to my Sony via cable and also to different smartphones via WiFi (where the NEEO is connected).
But after installing the IO openhab stops working :frowning:

BTW - executing a command with the binding through NEEO to the TV works fine and fast - Thanks a lot for this!

You actually have two or maybe three issues:

1. Don’t keep the transport mapping panel up - that sucks in alot of CPU right now because I have alot of debug stuff still turned on. The next version will remove that and usage should drop.
  2. The error messages about not having the ‘original channel’ really concern me. That’s one of those messages I never expected to see. Could you find your neeodevicedefinitions.json file under userdata and send that to me (you can just message if you want to keep that private). Those exceptions are creating alot of CPU to create since they happen very often.
  3. I’m a bit concerned with the messages at the beginning about stuff already being registered. Not sure what’s creating those messages (seems like it’s picking up the binding twice some how).