NEEO Remote Binding/Transport

Ye - cant select Power here as I can when the Type is Switch - Type is Rollershutter here

btw, light and status text work now, thank you. just problems to get rollershutter to work

one more thing. any idea why i get only 4 Shortcuts on 1 Page?

Mentioned in the neeo forum but will mention here. The LIGHT type has a special UI on NEEO that will NOT be correct in most situations and this is one of them (just like trying to add additional sliders will cause it to really go nuts). I’m actually a bit surprised shortcuts show up at all as the UI was designed strictly for power/brightness slider displays. Nothing you can do about this one…

started to play around with openhab as docker only problem is the Neeo Integration does not work.
I can configure everything just like always - but Neeo does not find any Things.
When I look at the Brain and registered SDKs i see the “virtual” IP of the Docker Container.
Any chance to make this work within Docker?

@loibi2
Docker is tough to setup with openHAB because of the IP issues involved. I personally have no idea how to fix them since I’ve never used docker but I can tell you the IP requirements:

1. Multicast packets (MDNS) from the brain needs to be visible to the integration
  2. The integration needs to be able to do HTTP calls to the brain
  3. The brain needs to be able to HTTP calls back to the integration

If the integration sees the brain and registers with the brain - then 1 and 2 are correct
If the brain sees openHAB things - then 3 is correct

Sounds like 3 is your issue.

The first thing to do is to get onto the brain via the webpage or app and look at the registered SDKs (brain->menu->NEEO Brain->SDK Integrations) - that will tell you the IP address and port that it’s trying to contact

Hello @tmrobert8

Do you know if there is a possibility to use MUSICPLAYER with a reasonable fast update of cover art? I tried it with a chromecast thing, but both the cover and title hardly refreshes on the remote. On the app it works better, but only when minimize and open the activity.
Ideal would be if it refresh wen open the activity and when pressing Chanel up/down for switching tracks.

I looked at the SDK example and it referred to SENSOR_COVERART, but you don’t use this type I assume?

I know development has stoped and I assume you don’t want to spend more time on this dead product…

Have a nice Sunday!

After last NEEO update, I can’t seem to bind OK button on remote to anything. It won’t operate. I can use OK through mobile application and seems to work fine, but OK button doesn’t work on remote.

Anyone know the reason, is this a known bug or should I assign different label than ENTER ?

PS: Back button(remote) only seems to function when I replace label from EXIT to BACK manually, any solution for OK button ?

I updated this morning from 2.5.0-M1 to Nightly 1603 and now I’m getting:

2019-06-01 14:55:56.258 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing ‘openhab-misc-neeo’

Is anyone else seeing this? It has completely killed my ability to connect the remote to OH.

I have a semi-workaround for this if anyone else is in this boat.

Uninstall the Neeo binding using PaperUI or other. Shutdown OH.

Download the 2.5.0-M1 addons: “wget https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/openhab-linuxpkg/pool/main/2.5.0~M1/openhab2-addons_2.5.0~M1-1_all.deb

Extract the .deb “ar -xv openhab2-addons_2.5.0~M1-1_all.deb”

Extract the data.tar.gz “tar -xzvf data.tar.gz”

Extract the kar “cd usr/share/openhab2/addons/” && “unzip openhab-addons-2.5.0.M1.kar”

Copy the two .jar files to addons:
“cp repository/org/openhab/io/org.openhab.io.neeo/2.5.0.M1/org.openhab.io.neeo-2.5.0.M1.jar /usr/share/openhab2/addons/”
“cp repository/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.neeo/2.5.0.M1/org.openhab.binding.neeo-2.5.0.M1.jar /usr/share/openhab2/addons/”

Edit addons.cfg and remove all traces of neeo: “vi /var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/addons.config”

Start OH2.

This “should” make everything work until this can be resolved.

@morph166955
I’ll look at this in awhile (busy doing about a trillion other things right now)

Just an update for anyone trying this. Apparently there is an issue having the io file (maybe both, not sure yet) in the addons directory when starting the OH nightly (tested against 1621). It seems to cause a bunch of things to not start properly. The fix for me was to remove the neeo files from addons, start OH, let it “get calm”, and then put the files into addons. This seems to work without issue.

When it is in the addons folder the following is the error I get:

[WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.io.neeo-2.5.0.M1.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.io.neeo [206]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.ui.dashboard

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

Hi, I am using openhab 2.5.0.M1 and bindings and transport from store installed. I am trying to remap the hardkeys of my sony tv as mentioned in this video:

I have the following things:
I however only see my brain in the transport and not the sony tv device using following url:
http://localhost:8080/neeo/index.html and clicking on things.

Can anyone help me on how I can see the Sony TV replicated in the transport things list, like is shown in this you tube movie? I am truly sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else, I looked but did not find how to do this.

Thanks a lot for any input that can help me further!

Could you post a screen shot of the ‘things’ tabe from neeo/index.html?

@morph166955 - getting closer to looking at the issues with 2.5 new build process with the neeo stuff. I can confirm both your issues right now…

Hi,

I just found the issue. You need to create link items that show up in the control page and only then the items are visible in the transport!

One remaining question, in one of your videos you use wake on lan, how can I set up wake on lan with openhab so it becomes visible in transport? I tried to use the wake on lan binding mentioned in the store of openhab, I manually created items and put them in the openhab2/conf/items/Wol.items but they do not show up in the paperUI-items which I think is normal but how do I make these items visible in transport or is that only possible with 2.x bindings? If so which binding can I use for wake on Lan?
Or is there a simpler way to do it? I would like to have power on and power off function available.

I found this in earlier comments:
The latest and greatest version of the transport can do 1.x bindings. Go into the transport page - hit “Add Virtual Thing” - then the “+” to add a new item - all items that you have configured should be listed (including 1.x items). You can even import your items file for easier setup.

If I click new item I see a list with all neeo items but not the items created in wol.items.

Thanks a lot for the help!

If you have a OH1 binding (like WOL), you’ll need to (on the things table of the neeo/index) add a new virtual thing. Name it and make it an accessory. Then press the add virtual item - this will bring up a screen that lists all the channels in your system - find your wol one and add it. Save the thing, add it on the neeo and then you’ll be able to use the WOL in your neeo steps

works like a charm, thanks a lot for the help!

One more question. Do you use the heos binding? I am strugling to get the favorites imported from heos and expose them into neeo with a picture. Any idea on this or who could help me with that? So far I have the favourites as a switch type and label but would like to have an icon showing the channel.

Thanks a lot for the help as I am trying to find out as much as possible on my own but sometimes I need a little help in the right direction as I am not as advanced in this as a lot of others but I try to ;).

Slightly off topic but, given the lack of hardware availability now, does anyone have a suggestion on another remote that would work similarly to the Neeo?