Neo coolcam z-wave devices

Update: I just reset the sensor and re-paired it, works fine now!

@alefz3r0:
I’ve got the same issue with 3 of those door sensors, 12 are running without issues.
What have you done (instead of resetting it)?
What do you mean with “re-paired it” it?
Have you done some hardware fixtures?
(I replaced a reed contact (glass tube) but the issue still occurs)

Thank’s a lot in advance

helmar

@helmar74 I have pressed the button of the sensor long enough (10 seconds ?) to reset it, and then performed the pairing by

1. putting the controller (OH) in scan mode through the Paper UI
  2. putting the device in pairing mode by quickly pressing three times the button

Hope it helps

@helmar74 I need to correct myself…the device was seeming to work after the procedure I have described, but in a short time the same problem occurred.

I have noticed that, after the device is included into the network, if I press the button three times (on the device only), it will work correctly for a few seconds, and then it will show the problem again.

Also, I have tried to change the Association Group for group 1, setting that to another slave node of my network. Doing this, the device works fine, meaning that I can see the led on the device blinking everytime I open/close the door. Of course, no data is received to the controller and this configuration is not useful. If I put back the Association Group for group 1 to Openhab Controller, it will show the problem again.

@chris @martinvw do you have any idea about why this can happen?

Thanks in advance

@chris could it be that in the database there is no link to the BASIC class?

Database Link

Endpoint 0 has no command class linked to the basic class.

The manual of the sensor states:

The Door Sensor supports two linkage groups:
Linkage group 1 is assigned to the device status - sending the BASIC SET control
frame to the associated devices having detected motion

I don’t think it should matter. Group 1 should be used (the normal lifeline reporting group) and this doesn’t use basic class - it uses the notification class.

I would suggest to try the development version of the binding which handles notifications better. I’m not sure if this will help here as the problem seems a bit strange. I’d also suggest to check logfiles using the log viewer to see exactly what is being received from the device.

Hi,

figured out the problem. On defect sensor the capacitor C3 (Bottom Side of circuit board) is missing.
On the functional sensor the capacitor C3 is in place. If the sensor doesn’t send status and I put my finger on the contacts where the capacitor should be it sends the status correctly…
So it’s an hardware failure. I have 3 of those sensor and every one has the same issue and on every sensor C3 is missing on the working the sensors C3 is soldered proberbly!

The pictures (quality isn’t best because I’ve had to use a big zoom factor) shows the missing C3 capacitor:

1 Like

Wow @helmar74 great job! By any chance have you also figured out the approx. value of such missing capacitor?

@helmar74 look at how C3 has been soldered in my device…

Hi, I’m currently investigating… Will order 100nF and try.
Will take a few days until I get the capacitors… only have 1µF but its to big for soldering :wink:
Will give you Feedback…
Stay tuned :wink:

In your pictures soldering also looks strange…

Confirmed: the capacitor was not making contact. Tried to rework it but it has fallen on the floor and was not able to find it anymore. I have then used a 15000pF capacitor (roughy matching the size), and the device works fine! Many thanks for this…

Thanks for the feedback… will order that one…

fyi: The Size should be 0603:

1 Like

@alefz3r0
Today my capacitors arrived, I was able to repair two of my sensors with a 22nF capacitor.
They’re working well now :wink:

Thanks a lot

Helmar

Good to hear that! Thank you as well!

Hi

i have bought those two items

NEO-Coolcam-NAS-DS01Z-Smart-Home-Z-Wave-Plus-Door-Window-Sensor-Compatible-with-Z-wave

NEO Coolcam NAS-PD01Z Smart Home Z-Wave Plus PIR Motion Sensor

My things

i have defined my items :

DateTime ZWaveNode2_DoorWindowSensor_LastUpdate   "Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]" <clock>
DateTime ZWaveNode2DoorWindowSensor_AlarmAccess_LastUpdate   "Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]" <clock>
DateTime ZWaveNode2DoorWindowSensor_BatteryLevel_LastUpdate   "Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]" <clock>
DateTime ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_BinarySensor_LastUpdate   "Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]" <clock>
DateTime ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_SensorLuminance_LastUpdate   "Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]" <clock>
DateTime ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_SensorTemperature_LastUpdate   "Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]" <clock>
DateTime ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_AlarmBurglar_LastUpdate  "Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]" <clock>
DateTime ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_BatteryLevel_LastUpdate  "Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]" <clock>

and a rule file

rule "ZWaveNode2_DoorWindowSensor"
when
    Item ZWaveNode2_DoorWindowSensor changed 
then
     ZWaveNode2_DoorWindowSensor_LastUpdate.postUpdate(new DateTimeType()) 
end

rule "ZWaveNode2DoorWindowSensor_AlarmAccess_LastUpdate"
when
    Item ZWaveNode2DoorWindowSensor_AlarmAccess changed 
then
     ZWaveNode2DoorWindowSensor_AlarmAccess_LastUpdate.postUpdate(new DateTimeType()) 
end

rule "ZWaveNode2DoorWindowSensor_BatteryLevel_LastUpdate"
when
    Item ZWaveNode2DoorWindowSensor_BatteryLevel changed 
then
     ZWaveNode2DoorWindowSensor_BatteryLevel_LastUpdate.postUpdate(new DateTimeType()) 
end

rule "ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_BinarySensor_LastUpdate"
when
    Item ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_BinarySensor changed 
then
     ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_BinarySensor_LastUpdate.postUpdate(new DateTimeType()) 
end

rule "ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_SensorLuminance_LastUpdate"
when
    Item ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_SensorLuminance changed 
then
     ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_SensorLuminance_LastUpdate.postUpdate(new DateTimeType()) 
end

rule "ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_SensorTemperature_LastUpdate"
when
    Item ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_SensorTemperature changed 
then
     ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_SensorTemperature_LastUpdate.postUpdate(new DateTimeType()) 
end

rule "ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_AlarmBurglar_LastUpdate"
when
    Item ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_AlarmBurglar changed 
then
     ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_AlarmBurglar_LastUpdate.postUpdate(new DateTimeType()) 
end

rule "ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_BatteryLevel_LastUpdate"
when
    Item ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_BatteryLevel changed 
then
     ZWaveNode8MotionSensorPIRMotionSensor_BatteryLevel_LastUpdate.postUpdate(new DateTimeType()) 
end
your code goes here

not all the channels are updated

even when i am pressing once on the physical button on the door and motion sensor, i can see in the log that

2018-04-01 17:02:34.622 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'zwave:device:162723a63f8:node8' has been updated.

2018-04-01 17:02:40.113 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'zwave:device:162723a63f8:node4' has been updated

what am i missing???

It doesn’t appear to be in the database, so I guess it’s not been used in OH at least.

Yes.

No :sunglasses:

Yes, you still have to use the development/security version of the zwave binding: