Neo coolcam z-wave devices

Samba is not just for Windows, and openHABian includes a couple pre-configured Samba shares.

True that, it’s not only for windows.
And there may be samba shares on openhabian.

But, at this point I have nothing using Samba, thus I’d need to actually set it up on a some machine in my network…for moment call me lazy. :blush:

Lucky for you, there’s no setup required… just install a Samba client, if you don’t already have one :wink:. VS Code will use these shares too.

That’s the point I have never needed more than NFS. I have a dozen PC’s running some form of Linux. I rarely use WINE…unless it comes from a bottle. :sunglasses: I have no Samba clients.

And, VS Code?

Hi,
Is it possible to add to PAPERUI the control parameters configuration of the “Neo Coolcam Flood Sensor”?
I am not familiar with how to correctly verify that the device parameters are set correctly in:
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/493

Could someone please verify that the Command class matrix it is correct?

Is 2.3 stable able to detect battery settings and keep it updated for the sensors?
I cannot get anything other than open/closed notifications from the contact sensors after successful inclusion

Yes.

Are there any particular things I need to indicate whilst setting up the properties ? I got it online but the values do not show for alarm and battery_level .
I was using Paper UI

You need to link your item to the battery-level channel, not battery_channel.

https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/zwave/thing.html?manufacturer=shenzhen&file=floodsensor_0_0.html

The battery channel i see is the one automatically provided when the sensor is online?

zwave:device:02b332fd:node6:battery-level

But I still do not see any numbers , its just a dash

The flood sensor is sending the battery values only every couple of hours, did you wait long enough?

Its actually a window/door contact sensor.

Anything in association groups that i need to set ? I just put all 4 groups to the Z wave Controller?

That could give you lots of trouble: if you need to control other devices outside from openHAB, use Group 2-4. If you want to control everything through openHAB, use only Group 1 (set to the controller)

Same game: I have one of those. You can speed up sending the battery level if you use a shorter time for the wakeup configuration: default is 43200 seconds. But then battery life will be way shorter …

Please bear with my noobieness.

If I only have 1 contact sensor and its node 4. Is my Z Wave Stick Node 1?
Everytime I do a inclusion scan , it shows up node 2 and 3, but I ignore it as they look like my Z wave serial controller but could it be something else? Does it matter for this matter?
When you say use Group 2-4, what exactly do you mean?

Could you give an example of your properties and settings for one of your Coolcam contact sensors?

In a standard setup with one controller: yes.

This can happen if you tried to include the same sensor several times. Every new inclusion counts the node number up by one digit.

It is possible to control other zwave devices directly, without openHAB between them.
If you have a zwave siren and want to sound that siren even if openHAB is down or shut off, you put the siren into the appropriate association group of your door sensor. On the other side that can have unpredictable effects if you don’t know exactly what your are doing.
So if you want a clean setup of openHAB and your zwave network, just set the Lifeline group (sometimes that group is called differently) to your controller. Leave all other association groups empty.

Sure:

Contact Neo_DW_1_C <siren> (gRestore) { channel="zwave:device:uzb:node46:sensor_door" }
Number Neo_DW_1_Bat <battery> (gBattery) { channel="zwave:device:uzb:node46:battery-level" }

Thank you so much!

Are the last 2 sentences the items to be put in the items file??
Can you also share your association groups?

update:
I just got these errors after making the changes to the configuration parameters (from 255 to -1), and leaving association groups 2-4 blank

2018-11-21 19:10:59.228 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain, type=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection, genericType=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.

2018-11-21 19:11:00.054 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain, type=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection, genericType=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.

2018-11-21 19:11:00.885 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain, type=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection, genericType=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.

2018-11-21 19:11:01.716 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain, type=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection, genericType=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.

It’s the same, just set it to 255:

Yes. If you have Simple Mode turned off you need to link the channels of your things to items manually.
Don’t forget to put a label format either in your items definition or in your sitemap definition:

Should be [%s] for a contact itemtype.

It won’t help you because it is empty: with the 2.4 version the binding sets the association automatically.

Edit: I’ve edited the post above because there were some strange characters in the item definition (from copy and paste)

Thanks again.
Are you on OH 2.4 snapshot or M5?
I am still on OH 2.3 stable. Is that why I am having more trouble than u did setting the z wave stuff up?

On snapshot #1433 which is basically Milestone M6.

Not necessarily, it depends: Zwave had a major restructuring between 2.3 and 2.4.
But more important is the zwave database: 2.3 is almost 6 month old, so your version won’t have any new devices or any devices changed in the database.
For the battery level: just be patient for one day and don’t restart openHAB, that channel always has worked and so it will on your system.