Neo coolcam z-wave devices

In this log, did you actually wake up the device so that it can initialise? If so, there is no sign of this. Currently the binding is waiting for the device to send a wakeup notification, and there is no communication with the device yet.

Should i ā€œwakeā€ the battery sensor, or the Aeotec Z wave stick? Or both?
Is the Z wave stick supose to be switching between blue, orange , red all the time while its in the usb port of the ubuntu VM?

From what I read just pressing the button on the sensor wakes it, when I see a little red light

You can only wake battery devices. Other devices do not sleep.

Yes - I think thatā€™s normal.

ok. tried waking up the sensor. This is my latest log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z-eOAxK_5N56QhVmuUE7sK4-ImBkgA46/view?usp=sharing

Only your controller and node 3 are showing data, still nothing from your not working node.

If that is the case, everything is fine :sunglasses:

I have only one Neo device (flood sensor), despite the manual saying click the button once to wake it up, I need to triple click the button to wake it up ā€¦

I think node 3 is my ā€œnon-workingā€ node.
I dont think its fine because its still listed as unknown device (although it also says online).
Why isnit it listed like this?
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/400

Which is exactly the device I have

@epicurean: Just open paper ui and watch your thing. There it shows online I guess. So take the neo sensor and tripple click the button inside for several times. After a while you will see the online text will change to a ā€˜ā€”ā€™. Tripple click the button again and leave it. After that procedure it will be recognized as the door sensor.

Alleluia!. It finally worked! Thanks so much to everyone who were so patient with me.
Now is there anyway to save these settings?
Will powering off and on, and everything I have done will be lost ?

1 Like

No nothing to do. Everything will be saved :grinning:
Next time you can just wait till the device will wake up for its own. Then it is shown up in habmin or the paper ui as an already recognized device.
I included around 27 neo sensors in my system and you will always have to play with the button inside the sensor to wake them up.

1 Like

I have a HAOZEE version of NEO. It binds as a NAS-WR01ZE.

Iā€™m running the previous snapshot from a few days back of openHABian.

The device included just fine.

But, if I send it an on command it comes on and immediately changes from online to offline in the log.

If I then do a factory reset (hold the button on the device for 10 seconds) it goes back to onlineā€¦until I send another on command.

I also note, in HABmin> Tools>Z-wave Network Viewer, that it never shows as linked to another device. (I see the same for a Aeotec Micro switch as wellā€¦but it works just fine)

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Regards,
Mac

The first question is what is really happening. If you really do a ā€œfactory resetā€ on a device, it should remove itself from the network - not go online. Problems with devices going offline are normally caused by timeouts, which generally occur when devices are close to being out of range.

To debug what is happening, you need to get the debug logs. You can use the log viewer on my website to view these if you like.

Coolā€¦so do I copy one/both of these to a PC with browser access?

/var/log/openhab2/openhab.log
/var/log/openhab2/events.log

Just the openhab.log is required - depending on how you have your system configured, you should be able to access it directly using a samba shareā€¦

No sambaā€¦no windows in this house, all linux.

Are you saying it needs a real time view of the file?

I already have an NFS share from one linux box on the openhabian pi.
I currently only NFS client setup on the openhabian pi. (Or maybe NFS server is set up and I just havenā€™t tried itā€¦)

Ok, but I believe you can still share network drives on linux? :wink:

No - simply that you donā€™t need to copy it somewhere else to open it.

As I noted later in that post. :sunglasses:

Samba is not just for Windows, and openHABian includes a couple pre-configured Samba shares.

True that, itā€™s not only for windows.
And there may be samba shares on openhabian.

But, at this point I have nothing using Samba, thus Iā€™d need to actually set it up on a some machine in my networkā€¦for moment call me lazy. :blush:

Lucky for you, thereā€™s no setup requiredā€¦ just install a Samba client, if you donā€™t already have one :wink:. VS Code will use these shares too.

Thatā€™s the point I have never needed more than NFS. I have a dozen PCā€™s running some form of Linux. I rarely use WINEā€¦unless it comes from a bottle. :sunglasses: I have no Samba clients.

And, VS Code?