Neo coolcam z-wave devices

Thank you. I plan to use Xiaomi and Z-wave tools mixed. For important and safety applications only Z-wave sensors, to anything else Xiaomi.

What devices do you use as wall switches?
Iā€™m looking at different solutionsā€¦
Normal not smart touch switches with fibaro dimmer switches behind them.
Smart Z-wave switches, but I find them really expensiveā€¦ 100euros for 1 swtich. Some of them donā€™t even have alternative connection setup option, so doing a stairway setup is not possible with them.
Using normal phisical wall switches with fibaro dimmer swithes behind themā€¦ not the best because the state is not given back of the switch to OH. I mean if I push a switch to ON position, the state wonā€™t change to ON in OH. Also the ON/OFF state is not in the same direction (UP/DOWN) when I use the fibaro switch behind the normal phisical switch.
Monetary switches are not good for us. We hate those :slight_smile:
Also I was thinking how to solve dimming led lights in my setupā€¦ If I use a 2 gang switch (normal or touch) with fibaro double switch, it is not dimmable. If I use a dimmer switch I can only use in 1 gang setup. Maybe I can use 2 dimmer switches behind a double whichā€¦ but Iā€™m not sure if those will fit in the mounting whole.

So Iā€™d like to hear every solution and working possibilities you guys can share with me.
BTW I live in the EU so I need solutions with EU region devices.

I prefer regular existing wall switches. You can add a spring to make them monostable.
You will see in openhab when you press the physical button on the wall, the status in openhab should be updated, otherwise you have configured it wrong.

Basically you are wrong about the status in OH. If you use bistable or monostable does not matter the status is still updated in the OH GUI.

In my house I use all existing wallswitches, but I do have a couple of zwave.me wallmotes as well. Think they cost about 40euros and comes with a CR2012 battery, didnā€™t manage to find any but the popp one is similar: https://en.m.nu/remotes/wall-controller-2

1 Like

Door/Window sensor stopped showing/reporting the battey-level after update to 2.5 Binding.
The door open/close are working as usual.

Anyone? please.

I can take a look after @chris is ready for us to edit the database again.
It appears that somebody forgot to add all the configuration parameters.

Itā€™s no problem to edit the database at the moment - I just wanted to avoid approving any changes just now while I was trying to correlate the ā€œfull re-releaseā€ changes.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to get to it either during lunch or this evening.

I just looked quickly & the parameters there look strange. I need to review the groups & compare with the manual. It should be definitive.

EDIT : Groups are wrong compared to the manual. @chris should I update the config & associations to match the manual? Perhaps it was originally set up ad a non-plus device.

Is this the water sensor youā€™re looking at (device 493?).

Yes. Config descriptions do not match.
Manual says Group 1 is Lifeline but 2 is marked as Controller in our database.
I do not want to totally break some people, hence the request for direction.

Itā€™s a bit of a mess in the manual (unless Iā€™m mistaken)ā€¦

In the same manual, it states -:

and then a little later -:

The database has the first set of two parameters,

Iā€™m not sure what this means as they canā€™t both be right :confounded:

For groups I would use whatā€™s in the manual. It is a requirement in ZWave plus devices for the lifeline to be group 1, so the manual seems to be right in this respect at least -:

The Image & manual we have is different that the image & manual from ZWA. @chris Perhaps use that manual as authoritative?

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1788

@Chris,
I think the first configurations you posted may be general. Parameter 1 mentions 2 different options depending on whether the device is a switch(binary) or dimmer(multilevel). This device is neither. but I see it listed as parameter 7 anyway (?)

I think we can safely use the later settings. They basically agree with the manual on OZA and the configuration used by OZW. OZW also groups the 2 devices in our entry together.

EDIT: Please delete the options for parameter 1. I labeled them as ā€œremoveā€

EDIT2: Ready for review after parameter 1 options are removed.I will not request review in the database at this time.

1 Like

Thanks @Bruce_Osborne Iā€™ve removed the options.

1 Like

Do have any experiences with z-wave Neo wall switch? Working good, stable with OH? Thanks!

I have not but based on my experiences with their motion sensors and trying to get a warranty replacement I would tend to avoid Coolcam devices.

1 Like

I have the single channel version of the z-wave Neo wall switch (UK/EU version) in use for ~12 months. Working fine with openhab 2.4.

Iā€™ve not had issues with the motion sensor FWIW, but perhaps there are different models. I do know the instructions didnā€™t match the device (which seems a common theme!) but does work fine for me with openhab.

I have read lots of bad experience about the Neo motion sensor that is way ask it, but the price of wall switch is very good.

Thank you, I will order one and I will test it. I need lots of wall switch in our new house.
Either I will buy any Z-wave wall switch or normal switch + fibaro smart switch. Both can be an option.