Neo coolcam z-wave devices

I have had no progress at all, they have been on for several days and they are still not initialized. This is shown in the log every 30 minutes
18:31:31.611 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 5: Polling…
18:31:31.619 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 5: Polling deferred until initialisation complete
18:31:31.623 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 3: Polling…
18:31:31.623 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 4: Polling…
18:31:31.627 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 3: Polling deferred until initialisation complete
18:31:31.627 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 4: Polling deferred until initialisation complete

Is wakeing up just to press the button once such that the led lights up?

Yes it should be, did you load your log in the tool provided by Chris?

I hope I added :slight_smile:

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/613

Can I also count to snapshot binding for OH1? I’m still before migration to OH2.

I got it to work, the trick was to wake it up many many times (one or a few minutes constantly pressing the button)

2 Likes

Hi I also have these power plugs.
My goal is to check how much energy is consumed per day. So either

I check the value ay 00:01 and then I check the value at 23:59 and to a subraction
or
I reset the value at 00.01 and at 23.59 I read the dayly value of energy consumption.

You know how to do this?

Are these neo devices reliable/ worth their price?
I am thinking about few water and door sensors, but if they are so-so then i would build them with mysensors

Hi, thanks for all the work done.

I am planning to add the Neo Coolcam Light Switch 2 Channel to my OpenHAB 1 installation.
To be certain it will work I checked and found the entry in the database, thanks!
If I browse the Product Explorer with my HABmin though, I can only find 4 Products: the motion, Door/Window, Metered Wall Plug and Flood/water sensor. So, the Light Switch 2 Channel seems not in my system?

It is in the database, but not in my OpenHAB, would anyone have any suggestions ?

I am using OpenHAB version 1, Z-wave binding v 1.9.0, HABmin snapshot 0.1.4
thanks,

Leo

In OH1, the database is not required to use the device - only for configuration. If you don’t need to configure, then you don’t need the database. If you do, then you can export the OH1 database and create a PR on Github so it can be added to the OH1 snapshot.

1 Like

OK Chris, Thanks

I’ll order and test it.

Hi,
I have just bought a NEO COOLCAM NAS-PD01Z Z-wave PIR Motion Sensor.
It includes in the network as Node11 as an Unknown Device.

When looking at attributes, both the “Manufacturer” and “Type/ID” is blank, and the Firware Version is 0.0.

Does anyone have some tips for getting it recognized?

Thanks
(Running Openhab 2.1.0)

You need to wake the device up so it can complete the initialisation/interrogation. Check the manual for how to do this - there’s normally a button to press on the device.

Thanks for the reply.

According to the manual, I need to push the button (there is only one button) to wake up the device. I have tried this many times during the weekend, but the binding still does not recognize the device. The Attributes is just as before.

I have been checking /var/lib/openhab2/zwave, and there is also not an .xml file for node 11. Should there be one, or is this added when the device is recognized? Is it possible to add this manually?

Thanks

The XML is generated after the device is recognised as it saves the data about the device.

Not really and it won’t help in any case - you might be able to fool the system to knowing the device name, but that doesn’t make it usable.

@chris
I bought new Shenzhen Neo switches. This time 1-channel ones. They are not recognized, so I added new node to device database (…and changed 2-channel ones description). Can You review ?

1 Like

Fro,
This is so great ! Thanks for defining the Neo items.

I just received this switch and I’m trying to add it to OpenHAB (v1).

For now the result is that after inclusion of the Neo 2-channel switch through my HABmin panel, the list of all z-wave devices turns blank. --> binding version 1.10.0 solved this :slight_smile: !

The Neo device is now recognized by OpenHAB, now, how are we gonna get the Neo devices in the
live database?

And…

How does the openhab zwave binding for the Neo Coolcam 2-channel switch look like?
Would this do the trick?:
zwave=“12:1:command=switch_binary”

thanks

OK Chris, thanks.
I’ve received the Neo Coolcam 2-channel switch.
I’d like to update the database as in your reply.
I think I need some more info on how to do that.
Export the OH1 database…: I searched your online database site, but can’t find how to do that…?
–> found the export button per item, great!
PR on Github… : What do I use from the screen of the previous step, and where ?

By the way, this is in my log about the Neo Coolcam 2-channel switch:
2017-09-09 14:11:22.259 [ERROR] [WaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 11: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 2 attempts left!
2017-09-09 14:11:22.260 [ERROR] [b.z.i.p.s.SendDataMessageClass] - NODE 11: Got an error while sending data. Resending message.
2017-09-09 14:11:22.301 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 11: Unsupported command class ZWAVE_PLUS_INFO
2017-09-09 14:11:22.302 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 11: Unsupported command class MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION
2017-09-09 14:11:22.303 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 11: Unsupported command class ZWAVE_PLUS_INFO
2017-09-09 14:11:22.304 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 11: Unsupported command class MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION

What could be the matter? --> Well I installed version 1.10.0 of the bindings…, that’s much better !
The Neo device works one way now. It’s possible to switch states from OpenHAB, but manual switching on the switch isn’t reported back to OpenHAB. I think we need some property settings fir that, so if I understood you well, I need the device to be in the database.

Fro made the settings, how to get those operational?

thanks !

Try this one:
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB1-Addons/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/target/

2channel switches should work with this zwave binding without problems

.items should look something like this:

/* wall glass switch 3 (MAX room)*/

Switch Sw_Pietro_Max_Lamp1 “Ceiling lamp” (Max,Lights_Max,Lights) { zwave=“19:1:command=SWITCH_BINARY” }

Switch Sw_Pietro_Max_Lamp2 “Bedside lamp” (Max,Lights_Max,Lights) { zwave=“19:2:command=SWITCH_BINARY” }

1 Like

Hi Fro,

yeah, thanks !

I’ve got it working now in a one way direction.

OpenHAB is able to switch the device. But the device does not report its status back to OpenHAB …

You don’t have that problem?

Maybe it’s solved in the v 1.11.0 snapshot then? Tried it, unfortunately same result…
If one uses the switch manually, any change is not reported back to OpenHAB…

There weren’t any problems. They are talking both way’s.

mmmh… Tried to exclude and include again with the v 1.11.0-snapshot binding, same result.
so, what is the difference…?
Are you having OpenHAB 1 or 2 Fro ?

I think it’s in the association groups setting, but I can’t change that if the device is not in the database… I think ?