NeoHub Binding 2.5.0.M4 - Communication Error

Hi, I am new to this forum, although I have been using openHAB for some time. I wonder if anyone else has experience of the latest NeoHub binding. I have a problem and would appreciate some guidance.

I have just installed openHAB 2.5.0.M4 which brings with it a new version of the NeoHub binding, updated for NeoHub2.

I have installed the binding and set up things/items for my NeoHub2, 2 x neoAir thermostats, 1 x neoStat and 1 x neoStat-hw. All seems to work fine and I can display temperatures, temperature targets and heating states in both the Basic UI and HABpanel.

However, when this has been running for a while, the thermostats start showing as offline in the Heatmiser Neo app (Android version). The openHAB event log shows the following (lounge, extension and water are thermostats):

2019-10-25 09:37:21.722 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'neohub:neostat:myhubname:lounge' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2019-10-25 09:37:21.738 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'neohub:neostat:myhubname:extension' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2019-10-25 09:37:21.775 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'neohub:neostat:myhubname:water' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2019-10-25 09:37:21.781 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Upstairs_Neo_Temp changed from 21.3 °C to 21.2 °C

Then, later on:

2019-10-25 09:40:22.133 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'neohub:neostat:myhubname:lounge' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to ONLINE
2019-10-25 09:40:22.268 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'neohub:neostat:myhubname:extension' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to ONLINE

This looks as though the thermostat has gone OFFLINE and caused a communication error, but I don’t understand why this has happened. In normal use, the thermostats don’t go OFFLINE, only when I enable the NeoHub things/items. As soon as I disable these, the thermostats go back ONLINE and retain this state.

I am wondering if the binding is somehow changing the thermostat state to OFFLINE.

I would be grateful for any help anyone can offer.

Regards
Bernard

The following might help…