Nest Binding in 2.0

Has anybody been able to successfully get the Nest binding working on OH2?

I’ve got the client id / secret / auth code configured in nest.cfg. I’ve got items configured in a .items file. It doesn’t seem like the binding is even attempting to speak to the Nest API.

And yes, Nest displays my thermostat as “LivingRoom”. No space and nothing in ( ).

With TRACE logging turned on… this is all I get…

10:08:22.459 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.nest            ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.binding.nest
10:08:22.460 [DEBUG] [.binding.nest.internal.NestActivator] - Nest binding has been started. Version 1.9.0.b3
10:08:22.475 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.nest            ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigReader, org.openhab.binding.nest.NestBindingProvider}={component.name=org.openhab.binding.nest.genericbindingprovider, component.id=175, service.id=308, service.bundleid=203, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.nest
10:08:22.478 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.nest            ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService}={event.topics=openhab/*, service.pid=org.openhab.nest, component.name=org.openhab.binding.nest.binding, component.id=174, service.id=310, service.bundleid=203, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.nest
10:08:22.488 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.nest            ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.nest
10:08:22.516 [INFO ] [assic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Classic UI at /classicui/app
10:08:22.524 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app
10:08:22.601 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'claude.sitemap'
10:08:22.839 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'nest.items'
10:08:22.863 [TRACE] [.internal.NestGenericBindingProvider] - validateItemType called with bindingConfig=<[last_connection]
10:08:22.865 [TRACE] [.internal.NestGenericBindingProvider] - validateItemType called with property=last_connection
10:08:22.866 [DEBUG] [.internal.NestGenericBindingProvider] - Processing binding configuration: '<[last_connection]'
10:08:22.868 [TRACE] [.internal.NestGenericBindingProvider] - validateItemType called with bindingConfig==[structures(Claude).name]
10:08:22.870 [TRACE] [.internal.NestGenericBindingProvider] - validateItemType called with property=structures(Claude).name
10:08:22.870 [DEBUG] [.internal.NestGenericBindingProvider] - Processing binding configuration: '=[structures(Claude).name]'
10:08:22.872 [TRACE] [.internal.NestGenericBindingProvider] - validateItemType called with bindingConfig==[thermostats(LivingRoom).target_temperature_f]
10:08:22.873 [TRACE] [.internal.NestGenericBindingProvider] - validateItemType called with property=thermostats(LivingRoom).target_temperature_f
10:08:22.875 [DEBUG] [.internal.NestGenericBindingProvider] - Processing binding configuration: '=[thermostats(LivingRoom).target_temperature_f]'

Have you figured out what the problem was?
I configured the Nest binding in Paper UI and tried to add things, but can’t find any.

As the Nest binding is an openHAB 1.x binding, it has no Things, but you can bind it to your items in your .items files as in openHAB 1.x. I plan on submitting a new Nest binding before the summer’s out that works under openHAB 2.

John

1 Like