Nest thermostat target temperature unsettable

• Platform information:

• Hardware: Intel x64/16GB/7TB
    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK 11.0.14+9.1-1
    • openHAB version: 3.2.0
  • Issue of the topic:
    I have successfully set up my Nest SDM and pub/sub bindings, and am able to see the binding online, and have discovered all the things and added the channels to items. The issue I’m having is that the “Target Temperature” item does not seem to be “settable”. I am able to set the thermostat mode (heat/cool/off), and the ECO mode (manual/off), but when I click on the target temperature (which displays the current target) in the location or item, I just get a graph of the target setpoint history, but no ability to change the setpoint. Have I done something wrong in setting these up or do I have a semantic property incorrect? I don’t see any related entries in the log file, only the state changes for the items I am able to change.

I’ve attached screenshot of what I get when I click on the Target Temperature. Because I’m a new user, I’m not able to provide additional screenshots…apologies in advance. I tried to add a screenshot showing the Things configuration, the Items and the Location page that I click.

I’m hoping this is a simple misconfiguration on my part. Thank you in advance!

Check out this thread:

Thank you, JustinG! This fixed my problem! I’ve been googling this for 3 days, but I might have been a little too specific in my searches…seems like it’s not just a Nest problem.

Thank you again!