Netatmo 2.x binding and current Welcome/Presence support

Hi!

What is the latest status of the Netatmo 2.x binding regarding support for Welcome and Presence cameras?

From looking in the code there is no support for the Presence camera yet, however some references to Presence are there but the request scopes for Presence are not implemented.

Do you have to configure anything on your Netatmo application to get access to all request scopes? There is a possibility to configure a webhook URL there as well.

For Welcome there is some attempt made to get the Netatmo webhook API integrated to support immediate event notification, but what I’ve read is that it is hard to get info from Netatmo how it works and also that it requires to have a public IP-address to the openhab installation. Is that correct?

The README file for the Netatmo 2.x binding is not so verbose and would benefit of more examples of existing integrations/configuration that works.

If I would make an attempt to implement some support for the Presence camera since I own one, could I use the Welcome Swagger API for that? It looks like the Welcome and Presence cameras support the same API endpoints, with the exception that presence lacks the getlasteventof.

If the webhook integration is not a way forward, is there any other way of getting event’s pushed to openhab? I would like to have an event when an animal is visible to be able to turn a horn on e.g.

BR,

/Janne

That was not the case since the Presence camera also returns an event list array for each event, the Swagger API then needs some adjustments for supporting Presence as well.
How do you extend the Netatmo Swagger API to support Presence?

BR,

/Janne

Found this #3059 so this will hopefully be addressed soon.

BR,

/Janne

1 Like

Hello, I come to get some news about presence camera implementation on this netatmo binding. I don’t see any news on the enhancement thread, for the moment I only have a “Online” Netatmo API, but don’t have an idea for next step. How to add the Presence camera and how to configure a secured webhook etc