Netatmo just stops delivering data

First check your values are displayed on the netatmo app, that is your module is in the RF range of your main module. Sometimes mine lost connection.

The device is fine, data is delivered consistently. I did a reinstall of the binding the other day and full system reboot. It has been up since, hopefully it stays.

I have the same issue. I tried reinstalling a few days ago… unfortunately no effect… netatmo stops updating data after some hours… I’m on 2.3… I’m observing this issue at least since christmas 17.
do I have to keep a special uninstall and install sequence to get rid all of the faulty elements?
Thanks for advice.

Jan

For whatever reason the reinstall of the binding and/or restart of the system did the trick for me, it’s been rock solid ever since.

Would reinstalling the binding require to reinstall all items as well? (from PaperUI that is)

I didn’t. I just uninstalled the binding and reinstalled it from PaperUI. No touching items or things.

Okay, will give it a try then, cause netamo seems to be doing the same missing updates here as well.

Just tried uninstall the binding and add it again. Netamo things are gone, and they do not re-appear when doing a search. Hmm

EDIT…
They´re there allright, and netamo is running. Had to refresh the browser page before they showed.

have the same problem, netatmo delivers data to rr4j charts and then stops… don’t know why - restart openhab solves the problem - other items charts work n1 - should be netatmo issue to resolve data ? in the netatmo app everything is working fine - any suggestions ? will try to uninstall\install binding next time …

I have the same issue with my openhab2 installation via openhabian on a rp3 using wlan.

Did that problem go away with 2.3 , I have that problem but I still run 2.2 My upgrade is long due but the upgrade in my enviroment usualy is catastrophic so I want to be sure that I really need it.

@xsherlock Yes, it has been fixed before OH2.3 release.

1 Like

I am on OH 2.3.0 and some days ago the Netatmo binding stopped delivering data. The Paper UI shows all related things as online but nothing comes in.
Restarting OH resolved the issue for less than an hour and then it was silence again
Any suggestions?

I did that 2.3.0. upgrade finally and can report the same it behaves the same as 2.2 , after 12h it did stop reporting stats to to OH

It is enough to restart the binding in console:

bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.netatmo

I did have a power outage today however and Netatmo indoor unit lost power for 20 min. OH was alive since it is on UPS.

Restarting the bundle didn’t have any effect. Data only started flowing again after restarting openhab altogether. Let’s see how long it will old this time, last time it stopped after less than a day.
What’s odd is that I didn’t have this problem before with OH 2.3.0 - the binding worked just fine for several months and I don’t think I touched anything related to it

Hi all,

See

Update: Lasted a few days but as of this morning 10am the magic has stopped again :frowning:

I have the same problem …

But for me it looks like more an issue on oH side, because after restart the openHAB I get fresh data (for one time).
So if “correct” request was send from oH (like after restart oH service) to the netatmo-server, data are delivered.

Or I’m wrong here?

I have netamo weather system. I dont experience any problems. Every ten minutes I get new updates on my system. Except a few times late at night (around midnight) netamo doesn´t respond. I believe thats because netamo.com is updating their system or something simular. Aprox 20 minutes after, it´s all fine again.
This has only happened a few times.

After some hickup 5d ago (that looks like netatmo server side problem) I do not see any problems with OH 2.3 stable. Data is flowing nicely I have 2 OH instances using the same station as data source.