Netatmo Welcome can not turned off/on at model page [etatmo.internal.camera.CameraHandler] - Error on accessing local camera url!

Hi there,

im quiet new to Openhab and im using version 3.1.0 on a raspberry with openhabian.
Atm I’m trying to get access to my Netatmo Welcome Camera.

What I’ve done:

1. Created dev account on Netatmo and created an App to get Client ID and Client Secret.
  2. Installed Netatmo Binding and added Netatmo API with Client ID, Client Secret, User and Password → Thing is Online without errors/warnings in log
  3. Added Welcome Camera through the “Scan” Button → Thing is online with no errors/warnings
  4. Added Camera to model page and created point “State”
  5. If I now switch Camera on and off the following error appears →

[WARN ] [etatmo.internal.camera.CameraHandler] - Error on accessing local camera url!^

Followed by this error code:

java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
	at org.openhab.core.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrlAndGetReponse(HttpUtil.java:260) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrl(HttpUtil.java:155) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrl(HttpUtil.java:130) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrl(HttpUtil.java:108) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrl(HttpUtil.java:89) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.camera.CameraHandler.executeGETRequest(CameraHandler.java:231) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.camera.CameraHandler.switchVideoSurveillance(CameraHandler.java:196) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.netatmo.internal.camera.CameraHandler.handleCommand(CameraHandler.java:71) [bundleFile:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [bundleFile:?]
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy457.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:80) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:48) [bundleFile:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
	at org.eclipse.jetty.client.util.FutureResponseListener.getResult(FutureResponseListener.java:118) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.client.util.FutureResponseListener.get(FutureResponseListener.java:101) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpRequest.send(HttpRequest.java:730) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.openhab.core.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrlAndGetReponse(HttpUtil.java:251) ~[bundleFile:?]
	... 26 more
Caused by: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:777) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectorManager.doFinishConnect(SelectorManager.java:355) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.processConnect(ManagedSelector.java:347) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.access$1700(ManagedSelector.java:65) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$SelectorProducer.processSelected(ManagedSelector.java:676) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$SelectorProducer.produce(ManagedSelector.java:535) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.produceTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:360) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:184) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:171) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:129) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:383) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:882) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1036) ~[bundleFile:9.4.40.v20210413]
	... 1 more

Can anyone help here? Spend hours trying to find the solution…

Is the URL

part of the warning ?

Looking at

I have the impression that the IP/hostname is wrong.

Thanks for your answer.

There is no URL given in the log…
What I provided is everything I get from the logview.

Unfortunately I cannot set IP or hostname through paperUI

In paperUI there is a way to select the default network card/interface that openhab uses, not sure the exact place to find it. Since the PI probably has WIFI and wired ethernet ports, check you have the right network selected.

Thanks as well for your answer matt1 but I already setted up the correct network in openhab PaperUI.

I just noticed that a simple restart of the Welcome Camera seems to fix the problem.
While I tried to send commands via http to the local address of the camera i ran into a problem and had to restart the camera…
Long story short: After the restart of the camera the switch on the model page worked for whatever reson.

So for everyone with the same problem:
Just do the steps 1-4 as I described and then try to restart your camera (unplug the power supply and plug it back in after a couple of seconds)

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.