Network Binding - Some Devices are not listed

I have started just for a few days and trying the first Bindings.

With the network binding I don’t see my PC in the list.
If I add it manually with the IP address it shows always offline ;-(
The same with my TV.

I can manually PING both of the devices, so there are reachable.
But why did this not work with the binding?

I use the latest version for the Synology Disktation and have installed the Network Binding via the Paper UI.

Please help a complete newbie :wink:

Try setting “use_system_ping” to true in the Thing definition for these devices. That may work better.

Thanks, have already tried that without success.
Also the DHCP setting.

Did you try the ping on a third machine or on the machine running OH?
Is it visible as offline in sitemap and PaperUI?
Can you see any network-Thing in PaperUI??

Did you try the ping on a third machine or on the machine running OH?
–> I tried it on a third machine because OH is running on my Synology NAS and I don’t know how I can ping from there…

Is it visible as offline in sitemap and PaperUI?
–> The Thing is shown as “Online” in green in PaperUI, but on the Control site it shows “Offline”

Can you see any network-Thing in PaperUI??
–> The scan for Things does not find it in PaperUI so I have added it manual

The problem may be the Synology. It might be configured with a firewall to prevent outgoing pings.

I agree with @rlkoshak Judging from what you have said it looks like a problem on the synology box that prevents it from pinging devices

But other devices are working. Only my TV and my PC are not working. But I see a lot of other devices (like my router, android devices, my receiver) and they are working.

Are there any logs I can check?

If you use tcpdump to sniff the traffic I am sure you can see what is going on. It could be that your PC or TV filters out the ping. With the sniffer you will get a better idea

OK thanks for the tips.
The PC has Windows 10 and the firewall does not allow pings per default in Windows 10.
Changed it and now it is working.

And the TV seems blocks also pings, but I have no access to allow this. Anyway. Thanks for the help.