Network UPS problems

I am running an apcupsd on another machine. So installed NUT on the openhab server. Added the following to ups.conf
[apcupsd]
driver = apcupsd-ups
port = 192.168.1.10:3551
desc = “apcupsd client”

running
$ upsc apcupsd
provides normal results.

So to openhab…
openhab.cfg
networkupstools:refresh=60000
networkupstools:ups1.device=apcupsd
networkupstools:ups1.host=127.0.0.1
networkupstools:ups1.port=3493

And it doesn’t work. In the logs all i see upon refreshing the website
[ERROR] [o.b.n.i.NetworkUpsToolsBinding] - Nut processing error
org.networkupstools.jnut.NutException: VAR-NOT-SUPPORTED
at org.networkupstools.jnut.Client.detectError(Client.java:407) ~[na:na]
at org.networkupstools.jnut.Client.get(Client.java:503) ~[na:na]
at org.networkupstools.jnut.Device.getVariable(Device.java:236) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.networkupstools.internal.NetworkUpsToolsBinding.execute(NetworkUpsToolsBinding.java:105) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractActiveBinding$BindingActiveService.execute(AbstractActiveBinding.java:156) [org.openhab.core_1.8.2.jar:na]
at org.openhab.core.service.AbstractActiveService$RefreshThread.run(AbstractActiveService.java:173) [org.openhab.core_1.8.2.jar:na]

I discovered I had the same problem today, it was due to apcupsd not communicating properly with the UPS and stuff like runtime and load was not reported. An update and reboot of the apcupsd host fixed it for me, but in your case you should make sure that apcupsd is actually able to collect all the stats you are requesting. Modern APC UPSes need to have modbus enabled to work properly.

My UPS item list is copied from the template:
Number Ups1_Output_Voltage “UPS1 output voltage [%.1f V]” (Ups) { networkupstools=“ups1:output.voltage” }
Number Ups1_Load “UPS1 Load [%.1f %%]” (Ups) { networkupstools=“ups1:ups.load” }
Number Ups1_Runtime “UPS1 Runtime [%.1f Sec]” (Ups) { networkupstools=“ups1:battery.runtime” }
String Ups1_Status “UPS1 status [%s]” (Ups) { networkupstools=“ups1:ups.status” }

If yours are too, make sure upsc actually reports voltage, load, runtime and status for the UPS. If one or more is missing I think the VAR-NOT-SUPPORTED error is expected.

It’s the Output Voltage, if the State is “OL” (APC)
input=output voltage, it won’t be shown.

Furthermore i am experiencing additional white Spaces at the Serial number for instance.