New 433 Mhz CUL and Intertechno Binding

Openhabian is running now. I have backed up all directorys belonging to openhab2
/etc/openhab2 and /val/lib/openhab2. After that I have copied them 1:1 to the new system. All bindings were lost :frowning:
After setting up the whole structure again I found out, that some owners are “openhab” and the new ones openhabian.

1. Is the a way to chown them all?
  2. the cul stick doesn´t say anything now, exept : Null - doing nothing and sending the command puts out the same Http error mentioned above.

Are you sure the CUL Stick is working at all?
Are you sure as which device it is connected?

ahhh wait…have copied the old culintertechno.cfg from yesterday.
Now deleted it

2017-10-21 22:59:34.060 [WARN ] [io.transport.cul.CULLifecycleManager] - Can't open CUL
org.openhab.io.transport.cul.CULDeviceException: The device serial:/dev/ttyUSB0 is already open in mode SLOW_RF

Cul is blinking green

2017-10-21 22:59:34.065 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin        ] - [org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=388, bundle=277/mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.intertechno/1.10.0]: Unexpected problem updating configuration org.openhab.culintertechno
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.openhab.binding.intertechno.internal.CULIntertechnoBinding$1.open(CULIntertechnoBinding.java:64)[277:org.openhab.binding.intertechno:1.10.0]
	at org.openhab.io.transport.cul.CULLifecycleManager.open(CULLifecycleManager.java:92)[278:org.openhab.io.transport.cul:1.10.0]
	at org.openhab.io.transport.cul.CULLifecycleManager.config(CULLifecycleManager.java:74)[278:org.openhab.io.transport.cul:1.10.0]
	at org.openhab.binding.intertechno.internal.CULIntertechnoBinding.updated(CULIntertechnoBinding.java:147)[277:org.openhab.binding.intertechno:1.10.0]
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:189)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$UpdateConfiguration.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1772)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:141)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
	at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:109)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_121]

In this case I’m out of clues at the moment.
You are using a Raspi2 instead of Raspi2 in my case.
What other bindings are you using and what other devices have you got on your Raspi?

I´m using a Raspi3.
Netatmo, Hue, Max!Cube.
But maybe there is something. The Pi is connecting wireless, not over ethernet. I read that the UART Module should be switched to the UART which is blocked by WLAN

But the error message has gone. Does the green button of the Cul has to blink or has the light to be constantly on?

Mine is blinking all the time, just because I’m to lazy to turn if off. That has to be done in the screen hypertext console.
So, blinking green is OK.

after restarting the service this ist the only error

2017-10-21 23:41:57.477 [WARN ] [io.transport.cul.CULLifecycleManager] - CUL config is NULL, doing nothing

Any other reports concerning the CUL while starting?
BTW it was a warn, not an error.

What does bundle:list say on the karaf console for the Intertechno binding? Alternatively what does PaperUI say

no nothing at the moment…

Sounds like the .cfg isn’t read.

2017-10-21 23:50:11.064 [WARN ] [io.transport.cul.CULLifecycleManager] - CUL config is NULL, doing nothing
2017-10-21 23:50:11.071 [INFO ] [ternal.serial.CULSerialConfigFactory] - Update config, baudrate = 38400
2017-10-21 23:50:11.073 [INFO ] [ternal.serial.CULSerialConfigFactory] - Update config, parity = NONE (0)

but there ist really nothing in culintertechno.cfg

The second and third are default, I guess OH doesn’t “know” as which device the CUL is connected!

And how do I make that clear to OH? :slight_smile:

As in your original .cfg:

device=serial:/dev/ttyUSB0

If ttyUSB0 is correct for your system.
On my system it is ttyACM0

Has it sth to do with this?

That looks specific for RasPI3, however the mentioned Busware (producer of my CUL-Stick) hints toward the selection of 3 would help.

the selection of ALL or only number three?

I can only guess! Only 3.

Reading it several times, I might be totally and it would relly be 1.

How are you going to observe it is working? Are you sure the used address and the ON and OFF values are correct?
In order to be sure on that I hab used the screen hypertext console.