New Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 not in Database yet?

Are you waking up the device? I believe that this is a battery device (correct?) and therefore it will need to be manually woken up for it to initialise.

This might not be displayed while the device is still in the initialising state in which case you just need to wake up the device (possibly a few times).

Correct, it is a battery device. I had been keeping it awake. In fact I killed the battery on a couple of them already.

1 Like

Can you provide the log please so I can see if it is waking up?

Of course!

See node 14 and node 15.

Hi all. Of course you were absolutely right about keeping it awake… I sat down with node 15 and just triple tapped waited 1 second, triple tapped, etc… until I saw the xml appear. So that is great!

Here is the xml.

Next, I tried the magnet. It seems there may another issue. The log shows:

2019-08-14 14:54:05.684 [DEBUG] [ternal.converter.ZWaveAlarmConverter] - NODE 15: Alarm converter processing NOTIFICATION
2019-08-14 14:54:05.686 [DEBUG] [ternal.converter.ZWaveAlarmConverter] - NODE 15: Alarm converter NOTIFICATION event is 22, type OnOffType
2019-08-14 14:54:05.688 [DEBUG] [ternal.converter.ZWaveAlarmConverter] - NODE 15: Alarm converter NOTIFICATION event is 22, channel alarm_access is not implemented.
2019-08-14 14:54:05.689 [TRACE] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Checking channel=zwave:device:16aef262550:node15:alarm_burglar, cmdClass=COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM, endpoint=0
2019-08-14 14:54:05.691 [DEBUG] [ternal.converter.ZWaveAlarmConverter] - NODE 15: Alarm converter processing NOTIFICATION
2019-08-14 14:54:05.693 [DEBUG] [ternal.converter.ZWaveAlarmConverter] - NODE 15: Alarm converter NOTIFICATION event is 22, type OnOffType

I do have all of the available channels linked, here are my items:

Number	OutsideDoorZone001a_batterya "Door to Garage Battery [%d %%]" (Battery_Operated) {channel="zwave:device:16aef262550:node15:battery-level" }
Switch OutsideDoorZone001asa "The Door to the Garage" (OutsideDoors)  {channel="zwave:device:16aef262550:node15:sensor_binary" }
Switch OutsideDoorZone001aaa "The Door to the Garage" (OutsideDoors)  {channel="zwave:device:16aef262550:node15:alarm_access" }
Switch OutsideDoorZone001aba "The Door to the Garage" (OutsideDoors)  {channel="zwave:device:16aef262550:node15:alarm_burglar" }

And they look great in habmin:

And some of the channels are being updated:

Here is the full log including the time during node 15 completion of initialisation and attempting to activated the magnet.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9miuzeqob2i72dy/matz_node_15_zwa008.log?dl=0

Thanks for looking at this!!

1 Like

I’ve updated the alarm_access channel to sensor_door. Hopefully this will solve the issue. Once the database is updated (possibly tomorrow evening) then you will need to update the binding, and then delete the thing and add it back (no need to exclude/include or do anything with the device itself).

You rock. Thanks! I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

@chris,

I tried the snapshot from this morning

271 | Active | 80 | 2.5.0.201908160434 | openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding

but there hasn’t been any change. It’s not clear to me that the sensor_door made it into the the binding. I do see where you added that channel in the database though.

Door/Window Sensor 7<br /><h1>Overview</h1><p>Aeotec Door/ Window Sensor 7 is a small window position sensor for your smart home, it monitors window and their exact opening position and lets your know when a window is tilted or completely opened. It also supports connecting external binary sensors through the dry binary contact of the Door/ Window sensor.</p> <br /><h2>Inclusion Information</h2><p>Tripple click the tamper switch<br /><br /></p> <br /><h2>Exclusion Information</h2><p>Tripple click the tamper switch </p> <br /><h2>Wakeup Information</h2><p>Hit the tamper switch once.</p>
    ]]></description>
    <category>Sensor</category>

<!-- CHANNEL DEFINITIONS -->
    <channels>
      <channel id="sensor_binary" typeId="sensor_binary">
        <label>Binary Sensor</label>
        <properties>
          <property name="binding:*:OnOffType">COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY</property>
        </properties>
      </channel>
      <channel id="scene_number" typeId="scene_number">
        <label>Scene Number</label>
        <properties>
          <property name="binding:*:DecimalType">COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE</property>
        </properties>
      </channel>
      <channel id="alarm_access" typeId="alarm_access">
        <label>Alarm (access)</label>
        <properties>
          <property name="binding:*:OnOffType">COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM;type=ACCESS_CONTROL</property>
        </properties>
      </channel>
      <channel id="alarm_burglar" typeId="alarm_burglar">
        <label>Alarm (burglar)</label>
        <properties>
          <property name="binding:*:OnOffType">COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM;type=BURGLAR</property>
        </properties>
      </channel>
      <channel id="battery-level" typeId="system.battery-level">
        <properties>
          <property name="binding:*:PercentType">COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY</property>
        </properties>
      </channel>
    </channels>

Correct, it is not yet in the binding:

https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/blob/master/src/main/resources/ESH-INF/thing/aeotec/zwa008_0_0.xml

Chris is busy, please be patient.

Of course! My apologies. I was under the impression he meant for it to be there at this time.

1 Like

I did say “once the database is updated (possibly tomorrow evening)” it will be there…

I will be doing an update tonight so it should be included tomorrow.

1 Like

I tested it this morning with the new channel and it works beautifully. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey Omatzyo,

Sounds like you have the New Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 working with the zWave binding now? Would you recommend it? I don’t have ANY door/window sensors setup and I’m about ready to pull the trigger on a few.

Thought?

Best, Jay

Hi Jay!
Yes I now have a bunch of these working well. I also have some Aeon recessed door sensors that work well and are neat because they are totally hidden. Over the years this company has earned my favor.

The sensor 7 is a bit more expensive but is pretty small and sleek. I was easily able to turn off the LED which I like. They report to the controller without fail every time they are triggered. I have them on wood and metal placed at various distances and I have not witnessed even one time that it didn’t trigger appropriately.

I would highly recommend.

Best,
The other Jay

3 Likes

I can also confirm that the sensor works as OPEN/CLOSE and with security enabled.

I have not yet figured out, how to use the TILT functionality of the sensor. From the manual, it looks like the SENSOR-BINARY channel should be used, but I could not get it to work

exerpt from the manual

Tilt detection

The tilt detection allows reporting the way a window is opened. This is accomplished using the command class "binary sensor - tilt-type". In case the window is closed or opened without tilting the tilt sensor will report "Off". In case the window is tilted an "On" is reported. The angle of inclination of the window must be at least 5°.

Tilt Sensor uses Binary Sensor Report.
    Tilt Sensor reports Open when the window is opened, moving, and tilted at the same time.
        Binary Sensor Report = 0xFF
    When Window is closed, both Tilt Sensor and Window access will report CLOSED.
        Binary Sensor Report = 0x00

anybody able to help with this?

I can tell you that I was holding mine up and tilting it around, but there was nothing in the DEBUG log. I tried this with a few of them and config parameter 14 is enabled:

after the good feedback here I got one of these sensors.
Inclusion was very easy (unlike my dreaded Fibaros) but I can’t get the thing working.
I used the latest snapshot binding

291 x Active x  80 x 2.5.0.201908251759    x org.openhab.binding.zwave

I have linked all channels to items but none of them get updated although the sensor blinks on opening and tripping it.
I stumbled across this in properties

Shouldn’t we see “Aeotec” as manufacturer?
No .xml file has been created until now, maybe that is the reason for that.
I keep waking the sensor up for quite a while now but still no .xml file
Any ideas how I could get that going? Thank you!

Sit next to the controller and keep tapping the button for about 60 seconds… you should see that xml appear.

omatzyo, thank you. I did as you suggested for 2 min, still no .xml
In poperties the last wake up time shown is hours ago.
Maybe I’m doing it wrong…
I pushed the little micro switch at the side every 3s, the red LED every time.

I triple tapped it every second for a minute or so and it worked. Maybe don’t wait so long in between hitting the switch.