New Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 not in Database yet?

@sihui : I just downloaded the zwave binding again (version from July 2nd). When I look at the list of supported devices, the ZWA008 is not included yet. Is there still something missing?

I have not updated the binding yet so it will not be included. I will try and do that tonight.

2 Likes

I just tested with Snapshot 1629 from tonight but the device is still not recognised.

In the device database on cd-jackson.com there is displayed a symbol which seems to indicate that there are still some information missing?

Please be patient, it has not made it into the snapshot yet:

https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/tree/master/src/main/resources/ESH-INF/thing/aeotec

1 Like

@sihui
I got the device added to my system now, but canā€™t get it secured.
I will send a private message with the log file to you and Chris.

Any update on this? I notices that in the database this is still marked as ā€œMore information requiredā€ which I assume means itā€™s not in the current openhab Z-Wave module. @chris is there anything I can do to finish this out? I just bought 2 of these devices and want to see them in action.

Cheers! :slight_smile:
=C=

It looks like it was added to the binding 6 days ago, so it should be in the latest build.
https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/blob/master/src/main/resources/ESH-INF/thing/aeotec/zwa008_0_0.xml

1 Like

Oh sweet. thanks you. :slight_smile:
=C=

n00b question but is the zwave binding in the milestones?

I used to have it manually installed after I helped add something to it but went back to the ā€œproductionā€ version after 2.4. If I get the milestone release will I get the new zwave binding or do I need to go back to manually installed?

=C=

@calevans
do you plan to install the sensor with security on? If so, I will wait for your install before I try again. Secure include did not work for me about 3 weeks ago.

The latest zwave binding will be in the snapshot release only (until thereā€™s a 2.5 M2 release to pick it up).

You can install it manually, or you can try to update it as described in my post here.

1 Like

This did NOT work for me. :slight_smile:
Well, somethings changed. Hereā€™s what I did and what happened.

I followed your instructions. The first time it failed but it seems to have been a permissions issue with the old 2.4.0 jar file. I made it world writable and then tried again and it workedā€¦kinda.

Now I have ZWave installed via PaperUI I donā€™t know if thatā€™s important.

The FIRST time I got the upgrade on the console to work, everything seems to have worked just fine. I used the command:

bundle:update org.openhab.binding.zwave https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.5/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar 

Then I checked the results with:

list -s | grep zwave

So far, so good, it listed the 2.5.0 jar with a long string of numbers that I assume is the snapshot or build number.

I rebooted my system.

Everything came back up.

I went back into the console and issued the ls command again and it was back to 2.4.0. :frowning:

So I tried the update again.

Everything seemed to have worked, it was showing the 2.5.0 again. BUT. I got distracted for a few minutes and then just to make sure, I did the ls command again and it was back to 2.4.0.

Long story short, I could not get it to stay on 2.5.0. I eventually uninstalled it form the console, uninstalled it from PaperUI, rebooted and reinstalled 2.4.0 from Paper UI. (I cut out about an hour of banging my head on the monitor and trying different permutations.)

I now have 2.4.0 up and running just fine but obvs, I canā€™t use the sensors yet. :slight_smile:

Have you ever seen it where the upgrade works but then it reverts to the older version? That jsut seemed odd.

Nothing else is running on this system, itā€™s a little RPi dedicated to openhab.

Thots?

=C=

Iā€™ve not seen that behavior before. I suppose you could fall back to manually installing the jar in the addons directory.

That is the proper procedure or use the script.

@calevans, have you editted the binding line in your addons.cfg file? I vaguely remember this happening to me when trying out bundle:update.

So is the Karaf command bundle:update

2 Likes

OK, still learningā€¦ :frowning:

Excellent idea @5iver, thanks. I checked my addons.cfg and no, there is nothing there.

=C=

That worked! :slight_smile: Ran the script (still had it from the last time I did this during the 2.4 milestone days)

=C=

1 Like

It seems that ā€œThat Workedā€ only applied to getting the current Z-Wave binding installed. :slight_smile:

I am currently running

274 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.0.201907292154     x org.openhab.binding.zwave

Which I believe is the current snapshot release. (Although I will admit that it may not be as I canā€™t figure out how releases are tagged on the github repo)

If, using PaperUI, I go to Configuration->Bindings->Z-Wave and in the search box I enter ZWA008, it does come up. So far, so good.

However, when I try to add the device, it keeps coming up as ā€œDevice Unknownā€. I even used the ZWave diagnostics tool to forcibly remove the node from my controller, rebooted and re-added. Still it does not recognize the switch.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

=C=