New Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 not in Database yet?

@5iver any ideas?

Iā€™ve gone over the entry in the ZWave Database and compared it against the technical manual and everything seems correct.

To my untrained eye, the problem SEEMS to stem from the fact that I canā€™t associate it with the controller.

I could be wrong but that just sticks out to me.

Cheers! :slight_smile:
=C=

You mention nothing reported in the log when activating the sensor.
Do you have an item defined linked to that thing channel? If not there would be nothing in the log.

Yes

The sensor is NODE 35 on my system.

I have this in my opening.items file

/*
 * Aeoteec Door/Window Sensor 7
 */
Contact Test_T1_Binary        "Test #1 Binary" (outsideDoors, openings) { channel="zwave:device:d1f60367:node35:sensor_binary" }
Switch  Test_T1_Alarm_Access  "Test #1 Alarm"   { channel="zwave:device:d1f60367:node35:alarm_access" }
Switch  Test_T1_Alarm_Burglar "Test #1 Burgler"  { channel="zwave:device:d1f60367:node35:alarm_burglar" }
Number  Test_T1_Battery       "Test 1 Battery [%d %%]"  { channel="zwave:device:d1f60367:node35:battery-level" }

The device is correct, I copied it from the Things page.

The items show up in PaperUI when I go into Control and find the switch. But they do not respond when I move the magnet and trigger the switch.

=C=

Has a debug log during inclusion been posted?

The sensor_binary channel needs to be a Switch itemtype, not a Contact itemtype.

I have the same finding with my sensors. I have all of the channels linked to items (Iā€™ve tried switch and contact both). My debug log looks identical. There is nothing in the debug log when the sensor magnet is activated (or the tilt for that matter). I had the same thought for association group, and the same outcome.

Here is my debug log during inclusion:

Please see Node 15.

Iā€™ve also noted that the system still has not generated an xml for these devices.

When I try to set association groups I get:

2019-08-07 15:15:14.399 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Configuration update received
2019-08-07 15:15:14.405 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Configuration update set group_4 to [controller] (ArrayList)
2019-08-07 15:15:14.408 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Association 4 consolidated to [controller]
2019-08-07 15:15:14.410 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Unknown association group 4
2019-08-07 15:15:14.413 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Configuration update set group_1 to [controller] (ArrayList)
2019-08-07 15:15:14.415 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Association 1 consolidated to [controller]
2019-08-07 15:15:14.417 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Unknown association group 1
2019-08-07 15:15:14.420 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Configuration update set group_3 to [controller] (ArrayList)
2019-08-07 15:15:14.422 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Association 3 consolidated to [controller]
2019-08-07 15:15:14.425 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Unknown association group 3
2019-08-07 15:15:14.427 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Configuration update set group_2 to [controller] (ArrayList)
2019-08-07 15:15:14.429 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Association 2 consolidated to [controller]
2019-08-07 15:15:14.432 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 15: Unknown association group 2

This machine in running 2.4.0 and 2.5.0.201908062233 with a z-stick.

Then it wonā€™t work unfortunately :innocent:
Are you sure there is no xml? Because this does not look too bad:

It looks like you are trying to set all four association groups to the controller. Please only set the Lifeline group to your controller and use HABmin for that.
grafik

I looked in my /var/lib/openhab2/zwave directory and I do not have a network*.xml or a node*.xml file for node 35. (The node the switch is on) shouldnā€™t I have one for the device?

It looks like everything else had a network*.xml file.

=C=

Thanks. :slight_smile:
I have updated my openings.items file. I wasnā€™t really sure what each should be since this is a new device.

Cheers!
=C=

For my devices, the type shows in the PaperUI.

Definitely no xml. Itā€™s been 24 hrs and Iā€™ve tried manually awakening it. It looks great in habmin though.

Same message with just lifeline assaciation.

Still does not work as Switch.

Yup, mine do too.

It shows the Binary Sensor as a Switch. Iā€™ve changed it but since the switch is not communicating with the controller, it didnā€™t make any difference.

=C=

If you donā€™t have an xml file in your zwave folder (means the hardware should not be working properly) but your are showing items linked to channels in PaperUI (means software should be running) I have no idea what is going on in your system: you have software working without any hardware attached to it :sunglasses:

same behaviour here.

running latest snapshot and both of my sensor are recognized on inclusion but no xml-File is created.
tried secure and unsecure inclusion, tried to associate only lifeline to controller and everything to controller but nothing helped.
IMHO the switch channel is only for stuff added to the external dry sensor but i created items for each channel and nothing is reporting, not even the battery channel

Hope that someone finds a solution fast :slight_smile:

If you need more debug logs or anyting else, iā€™d be happy to help

1 Like

@sihui any ideas here? I am swamped trying to get Siren 6 ready for Chris when he returns & updates the binding for it.

Off-Topic Good news, I hope. 2.5M2 build just completed successfully.

Debug log during inclusion please.

2 Likes

Happy to do that.

Right now my device is in my network so I need to wipe it form the system. To date that means that I:

• Record the Node #
  • Fire off the exclude process (Hit the trashcan icon on Paper UI, triple click the tamper switch)
  • Go to the addons/Zwave dir and delete anything with that node number
  • shut down my system
  • Remove the controller, put it in my Windows machine, fire up the zwave diag program and remove the node from the stick if it is still there
  • Do a factory reset on the switch

Is there anything else I need to do to wipe the device form my system before I try to re-include?

Once it is off the system totally, I will reboot, put zwave in debug mode, include the device and post the log.

w00t! :slight_smile:

Cheers!
=C=

REST API Docs appear broken though.
They should have it sorted by the time I get home from work on the east coast of the US :wink: