New Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 not in Database yet?

Make sure you are using the latest 2.5 snapshot zwave binding.
This should also resolve your second problem.

I believe the latest version can be found here
https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastSuccessfulBuild/org.openhab.addons.bundles$org.openhab.binding.zwave/artifact/org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar

Thanks very much for your quick reply.
Could you advise me or direct me to a resource on how to install this file.
I have downloaded it.
Regards
Sajive

If you have installed the version of the zwave binding you currently using via PaperUI uninstall the same way you have installed it.
Then put the .jar file you downloaded into this directory
/usr/share/openhab2/addons
Openhab will automatically install the binding from that location.
Let us know how it goes!

Thanks very much for your quick reply i will try it out.
Regards
Sajive

When you get errors (you’ll need the serial transport and xstream), there are some manual steps listed here (or just run the script)…

2 Likes

Thanks
I did as advised.
I restarted the PI and it has not autmatically installed the new binding.
Do i have to do something?
Regards

It will not be visible in PaperUI.
Did you check via Karaf?

1 Like

Thanks for your email.

I am a bit new to openhab.
Could you guide me on how to use Karaf?
Regards

1 Like

I saw your post before it was deleted. You do not need to set the Lifeline on Zwave Plus devices. It is set in the device database. Also the binding now detects and sets the Lifeline automatically. @chris can verify when this feature was added to the binding.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure - it was a long time back now and I think it was merged into the binding from the previous development version (so 2.4) but it may have been earlier.

1 Like

Thanks.

Basically it boiled down to I didn’t wait long enough. I saw in the debug that it was initialized and that that meant it was done. it does not. :slight_smile: A few moments (and about 10 wakeups later) it wrote out the XML file and now everything is working…mostly.

Now I’m just trying to figure out which sensors do what. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all y’alls help.

Cheers! :slight_smile:
=C=

Ok, that explains a lot. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I noticed that it was set and was very confused because I did not set it.

Cheers! :slight_smile:
=C=

What month/date version of the zWave binding do I need to recognize this New Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 device?

Below is my version but I’m not getting any items on my 2 devices. I have opened each door at least dozen times each and started/stopped OH also.

I have 09.08.2019 zWave version.

openhab> list -s |grep zwave
282 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.5.0.201909080658     │ org.openhab.binding.zwave

Best, Jay

The database item was last exported a month ago, on August 15th. I do not know how that lines up with the build catching the update. I also am not sure how the snapshot binding versions are designated.

Can someone post a URL where this JAR is best to download?

Here’s the URL’s I tried and I’m not confident that 1.14 version with today’s date is actually accurate.

JFrog = 01.20.19

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastStableBuild/org.openhab.binding%24org.openhab.binding.zwave/ = Offline

JFrog = 09.16.19

Best, Jay

2.5M1 would be way too old.

Here is the best place to get the latest.

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/org.openhab.addons.bundles%24org.openhab.binding.zwave/

When I go to this page; there is NO JAR file to download from the page. Can you paste the full URL that includes the JAR file in it?

Best, Jay

Sorry, it used to be there, honest! :frowning:

EDIT: I poked around & found it.

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bindings/org.openhab.binding.zwave/target/

EDIT2: It appears you need to right click in "View and choose to save the link.

1 Like