New binding addon for siemens Hvac controller OZW672.01

Waaw, I’m also very interested in this. It would be sooo awesome if this would become an official binding.

@lo92fr is this still the most recent version Release Beta_0.2 · lo92fr/openhab-addons · GitHub

I’m getting errors when trying to install the binding

2022-11-16 12:27:51.958 [ERROR] [Events.Framework                    ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.siemenshvac [295]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.config.discovery.upnp

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel$2.run(ModuleContainer.java:1847) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor$1$1.execute(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:136) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1840) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1783) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1745) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1667) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:345) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

2022-11-16 12:27:53.358 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'openweathermap:onecall:api:local' to inbox.

2022-11-16 12:27:55.121 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.siemenshvac-3.1.0-v0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.siemenshvac [295]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.config.discovery.upnp

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.17.200.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.7.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.7.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.7.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.7.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.7.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.7.4]

Hi Rohnni
I resolved that problem by installing UPNP binding, but the OZW674 binding seems not working anymore … My understanding is that the binding works only in automatic discovery not manual, but I cannot trigger any more the discovery of my box.
@lo92fr any chances to get an update or sharing of the code such that we can help ?
thanks
Al

I’ve got the OZW772.01 and gave up on the binding in the end. I’m using IPSymcon to make some of the controls accessible to HomeKit.

Understandable, I really wish @lo92fr coild share the code and the latest version, so we can join forces to improve the plugin….

updating the code to oh3 would be awesome.I have an ozw672.01 as well and would be very happy to have it running. :wink:

Hi Laurent
any opportunity that you are going to share the source code or update to a working version ?
thanks in advance!!

Hello Alberto,

The code is shared on my github lo92fr · GitHub, and is up to date for version 4.0 of openhab.
I have made an official pull request tonight for inclusion into the mainstream source.

Best regards,
Laurent.

1 Like

Thanks!! I will try this weekend!

That’s great news. Would love to see this binding included in the mainstream source. Thanks a million

I add my thanks!

Maybe stupid question - any way to try the current version before it gets included in the mainstream? I can only see the previous release and ongoing communication regarding the pull. Unfortunately I’m not able to (don’t know how easily) to build from source myself :frowning:

Dear Laurent,
do you know, when OpenHAB team will implement it to the main distribution. I would really like to test/use it… any way to accelerate the process? br tim

Still no update :frowning: Would love to test even beta build, but can’t build myself. I see latest release 0.1 was long time ago for 3.x. Anything would be highly appreciated…