New binding for Foxtrot

I’ve implemented a new binding for the Tecomat Foxtrot system. Tecomat Foxtrot is a compact modular control and regulation system to build smart home electroinstallation. Foxtrot system provides powerful processor, original two-wire and wireless connection with intelligent electroinstallation elements and peripherals.

More about Tecomat Foxtrot can be found here: https://www.tecomat.com/products/cat/cz/plc-tecomat-foxtrot-3

I’ve forked the openhab2-addons repository and added the new binding org.openhab.binding.foxtrot in my forked repo:

What do I need to make these changes available to the community. I’ve read Contribution Guidelines and I know that I need to do a Pull request, but there is also information about creating GitHub issue for significant improvements. Do I need to create GitHub issue for new binding, too?

Do I need anything else?

Thanks
Rado Sninsky

I’m not a dev so take what I say with a grain of salt. But from what I’ve seen in the past you have two paths you can take.

1. PR: Create an Issue describing your new binding and submit a PR against that Issue. Make sure to sign off to keep the licensing folks happy. If you are not ready for the binding to be reviewed mark the Issue with [WIP] to denote “Work In Progress”.

2. IoT Marketplace: You can maintain your add-on separately from the main OH and distribute it through the IoT Marketplace. https://marketplace.eclipse.org/taxonomy/term/4988%2C4396/title This is particularly handy to distribute alpha and beta test versions or to use if you don’t want to have to use the Eclipse License.

Hi,

I tried to open your repository, but cannot find the binding. The repository does not contain any file of source code with “foxtrot” in it. :frowning: Am I missing something?

Thank you.
Tomas

Hi Tomas,

it’s becouse I had some specific issues (misunderstanding) regarding contributing. I’m planing to fix this but have no time right now.

Instead I prepared compiled addon and documentation for you, so you can try it.

Rado.

Hello Rado,

cool, thank you. I am just in the planning phase and thinking the overall architecture of my smart home. Whether to go with Loxone, Teco, KNX or something decentralized like Sonoff switches with custom firmware connected to wifi.

So I wanted to find out, what the Teco and OpenHAB combination can do. I have not bought any of these yet. Just two Sonoff switches to play with. I will be reconstructing a house and will start in approx 1 month.

Why have you chosen Teco over other alternatives btw?

Thank you.

Tomas

Hi Tomas,

regarding Teco pls, contact me in private at radovan.sninsky at gmail (and we can switch to sk or cz).

Rado.

Hello all,

some news/updates in this topic?

Thanks so much