New binding for home made hardware

I expect it is not, I had no time to check OH2 yet, but of course I intend to also support it on OH2 (when time allows)

Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,
I have not been able to fing the DiyOnXBee binding for OH2. I would be happy to try it !
My idea was to avoid using an arduino device behind the Xbee Device, and use the ADxDIx Xbee port to control analog sensors and relays.
Anything connected behind the Xbee Device would be considered as a remote UART port.
Stephan.

Hi @G1velo,

@juergen_richtsfeld code is merged in OH v1.9, please find below links.

@juergen_richtsfeld,

Could you please help us to figure out why @G1velo OH2 Xbee binding is not sending the packet to END Device ?

We and @G1velo both are working to fix this issue, but I felt since your binding was working for us on OH1, you could help us to nail it.

Please find the issue here, https://github.com/g1velo/SNAVXbee2/issues/6.

Thanks.

Hi,
I just read through the issue comments but I have no quick idea. I also did not yet switch to OH2 so I’ve no experience yet.

Hi @G1velo and @juergen_richtsfeld,

How will I come to know that message is sent to End device from karaf console ?

Please let us know how to display outgoing message in karaf (either debug or trace mode) ?

Thanks.

Hi @G1velo,

Currently XCTU is not showing any packet (we don’t know whether it is receiving or could not display due to improper packet format with out any checksum and so on)

We want to get the Packet at XCTU connected to END Device as shown in earlier posts which worked fine with @juergen_richtsfeld code.

Thanks.

Hi, @Kiran_Patil

So far the binding supports :

• getting values from any DIOX/ADX port ( decimal values or binairy values ).

• setting value to high or Low on any DIOX/ADX port as long as it is configured with IOmode DIGITAL_OUT_HIGH or IOMode DIGITAL_OUT_LOW.

Now if you want to send command to the remote serial port, we first have to understand which commands you want to send and you have to give me a bigger picture.
It seems that Amar is trying to di the same thing.

regards.

Hi @G1velo,

Now it is clear to us.

I will provide the bigger picture about our setup.

Thanks.

We would like to get commands as below as per https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/blob/master/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.diyonxbee/README.md.

Temperature=21.3
MOTION=ON

Number Living_Temperature “Temperatur [%.1f °C]” (GF_Living) { diyonxbee="<0013A20040B40F18:Temperature" }
Switch Living_Motion “Bewegung [MAP(de.map):%s]” (GF_Living,GPresence) { diyonxbee="<0013A20040B40F18:MOTION" }
Color Living_Stripe “Living RGB Stripe” (GF_Living) { diyonxbee="<0013A20040B40F18:Stripe" }

Thanks.

OK I see !
As this Xbee Bonding tries to more generic than other ones, there will be some additional coding to do. Could you please thell me :

• does the openHab/karaf/coordinator has to send some commands in order to receive the value from the arduino device ? If yes I need the exact commands to send
    Or
  • Does the arduino device periodically send information to the Serial port attached to the end device Xbee ?

I would also need to know what channel/sensor names you want to use.
regards

Sir,

We would like to get the key=value pair of commands from the OH as it is done in diyonxbee.

We don’t us arduino device but our own controller and I assume that it will send information periodically.

We would like to use Serial port DIN to get the packet at END DEVICE.

Please let me know, if there is any issue in understanding.

Thanks.

Just to make sure, are you working with amar on this ? Maybe we should have this conversation on the Binding Github, will be easier to manage.

Yes. Sure.