New Binding for Liquid Check devices

Hello,

I have developed a binding for the Liquid Check device from SI-Elektronik Liquid-Check – Level sensor with display, W_LAN, Internet (si-elektronik.de)

For me it works stable but I’d like to have feedback from other owners.

The binding supports retrieving data directly from the device via local network.
It currently supports all of the data which can be retrieved from the device.

Source can be found here:
openhab-addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.liquidcheck at liquidcheck · marcelGoerentz/openhab-addons (github.com)

Looking forward to your feedback :slight_smile:

Best
Marcel

1 Like

Hi Marcel,

I would like to use your Liquid Check binding, but I am not experienced enough in openHAB to do so.
Can you give me a short tutorial how to integrate your binding into openHAB 3.4.2?

Best Jochen

Hey Jochen,

unfortunately the development is already taking place for openHAB 4.0.0.
Nevertheless, I’ve found an old version that is still running on my server at home.
You can download the jar file here:
Release Initial contribution · marcelGoerentz/openhab-addons (github.com)

You only need to copy this file into the openhab-addons folder of your openhab installation.

If you want to know, where this folder is please refer to the docs:

There is no restart required, the binding will be added automatically to your openHAB instance.
For setting up the binding you can refer to the README.md in the source code that I’ve linked in my previous post.

Thanks a lot, Marcel!
I have copied the jar-file to /opt/openhabian/addons, but do not find the Thing LiquidCheckDevice.
Where is my mistake?

Best Jochen

Hey,
this seems to be the wrong folder.
If you are using linux then the folder should be something like:
/srv/openhab-addons
or
/usr/share/openhab/addons
or you can try this:

Hi Marcel,

now it works!
Thank you very much for your help and patience.

Best Jochen

Hi Marcel,

I am sorry, but I still have a further question.
Besides the item Measure which can be changed from OFF to ON all the other items have value NULL, i.e. they seem to have no connection to the device.
What could be the reason? I am using Liquid Check revision C5 with firmware version 1.71.

Best Jochen

Hi Jochen,

If you did not change the refresh interval then it takes up to 60s until the first values will be displayed.

If they are still null you can try this:
http://“ip of your liquid check”/infos.json
And send me the response.

Hi Marcel,

here you are:

{“header”:{“namespace”:“Device”,“name”:“Response”,“messageId”:“xxxx”,“payloadVersion”:“1”,“authorization”:“xxxx”},“payload”:{“measure”:{“level”:0.22,“content”:66.5,“raw”:{“level”:0.2203,“content”:66.6387},“age”:835},“expansion”:{“boardType”:-1,“oneWire”:null,“board”:null},“device”:{“firmware”:“1.71”,“hardware”:“C5”,“name”:“Liquid-Check”,“model”:{“name”:“”,“number”:1},“manufacturer”:“SI-Elektronik GmbH”,“uuid”:“xxxxxxx”,“security”:{“code”:“xxxxx”}},“system”:{“error”:0,“uptime”:101644,“pump”:{“totalRuns”:89,“totalRuntime”:225}},“wifi”:{“station”:{“hostname”:“Liquid-Check”,“ip”:“192.168.178.135”,“gateway”:“192.168.178.1”,“netmask”:“255.255.255.0”,“mac”:“xxxxx”},“accessPoint”:{“ssid”:“xxxx”,“bssid”:“xxxx”,“rssi”:-84}}}}

Best Jochen

Hey Jochen,

the response seems not to be different from the one with which I developed the binding.
So the binding should work correctly.
I guess it’s just the refresh interval that you have to wait for.

Hi Marcel,

I am still struggling with the NULL values.
Could it be that I need the JSONpath service which is not installed in my openHAB3.4.2 environment?

Best Jochen

Hi Marcel,

I detected an exception in /var/log/openhab/openhab.log

Expected an int but was 78.6 at line 1 column 194 path $.payload.measure.content

Do you have an answer?

Best Jochen

Hey Jochen,

Yes that is helping a lot.
I was expecting that the content will be an integer value, but it seems like that it can be a double also.

So I will adapt the binding and update the jar file.

Hey Jochen,

I’ve updated the binding so it now fit your response.
Please try with this new jar file:
Release Update for openHAB 3.4.2 · marcelGoerentz/openhab-addons (github.com)

1 Like

Hi Marcel,

thanks a lot for the update version.

In the meantime I have built a version which uses the standard openHAB HTTP binding which I am using now.

Best Jochen