New binding for mqttitude / owntracks

Yes, it works fine in OH2. I guess the reason it is not (yet) included into the OH2 distro is that no-one has got around to adding the small changes so that it gets included (http://docs.openhab.org/developers/development/compatibilitylayer.html#how-to-add-a-successfully-tested-1x-add-on-to-the-distribution).

All,

I have problems gettting my owntracks again (it used to run one week ago).
I just upgraded to the latest snapshot and obviously there is no connection from my mosquitto to OH2 any more.
Please see also:

I have installed:
binding-mqttitude1
binding-mqtt
action.mqtt

Mosquitto is running fine and my smartphone is connected to it

No one?

You will need to go through a process of elimination to find out what the issue is. Certainly the binding seems to work for myself and others I know using the latest snapshot.

Some things to look at:

• Subscribe to the owntracks/# (remember to use the -v argument as well to see a more verbose response) the topic on your mqtt broker and make sure that you are seeing actual messages

• If all is coming through as expected, check your bindings on openHAB using the Karaf console. Use list | grep -i mqtt and make sure that you are seeing only the bindings you expect (i.e. openHAB has not loaded multiple versions of a binding). On my system, it is showing:

openhab> list | grep -i mqtt
      201 | Active   |  80 | 1.9.0.201612240210    | openHAB MQTT Binding
      202 | Active   |  80 | 1.9.0.201612240210    | openHAB Mqttitude Binding
      209 | Active   |  80 | 1.9.0.201612240210    | openHAB MQTT Transport Bundle

• If the bindings are ok, then use an item that receives ALL the owntracks related mqtt messages (and not just the ones for your individual phone/entry/exit etc). E.g. your item could be defined as:

String Owntracks_Location_Raw "Owntracks Location raw location" (Owntracks) { mqtt="<[mosquitto:owntracks/#:state:default"}

I hope the above helps.

Thanks a lot @smar for your suggestions.

subrcribing works just fine and I get all the messages, when publishing the position from my cell phone.

Checking karaf brings:
openhab> list | grep -i mqtt
243 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201612240210 | openHAB Mqtt Action
244 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201612240210 | openHAB MQTT Binding
245 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201612240210 | openHAB Mqttitude Binding
246 | Active | 80 | 1.9.0.201612240210 | openHAB MQTT Transport Bundle

So, you donā€™t have the mqtt Action binding - isnā€™t this required for the use of owntracks?

About your last point:
The item receiving ALL messages does not received any messageā€¦

So it MUST be a problem in the recent changes of OH2.
(Especially because I did not change a thing and it stopped working after the recent upgrade)

I have seen similar behaviour, though i didnā€™t. Find an explicit explanation. I have Solved Those problems by deleting the. Mqtt-eventbus folder in tmp. In OH2. Temperaturen is in the etc. Folder, White in OH1 it is in the /tmp folder from root. Especially after changing mqtt sektens Thisted has helped. Also remedier to restart your ohā€¦
Hope That helps ā€¦ ā€¦

No, I donā€™t think it is required for owntracks. I have never installed the mqtt Action.

Not sure what else to suggest then, as the latest snapshot is working fine here. Only other thing to try is to remove the bindings and then reinstall them?

Thanks for your help!

I just checked one thing and uninstalled the mqtt.action.binding.
Owntracks started working right away!!!

So there must be a bug.

If someone needs more debug logs to localize this, just let me know.