New Binding: Hue Emulator - Amazon Echo integration

Hello,

Okay I am a little lost on this. I have the hueemulation up and running. I can see the logs on openhab when I scan for devices on the amazon echo app. I think what I am getting wrong is where I am putting the tag. i am going into the org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ItemThingLink.json in the /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb and setting the tag in the []. This is of course on a rpi3. Any help is appreciated.

Edit:. OK got it sorted… Had to create an echo.items file. All is well with the world.

Do you know if this way is also fpr OH1 possible?

BR

MAX!Cube Binding doesnt respond anymore to Alexa-Voice command via Hue-Emulation

MAX!Cube Binding doesnt respond anymore to Alexa-Voice command via Hue-Emulation.

No change at all, but the voice command “Heating to xy degrees” is not answered all the time with “This command doesnt work for this device”.

It has worked for weeks (“Heating to xy degrees”)…

Any ideas?

I added a GoControl GC-TBZ48 thermostat and set the following in my items:

Number HV1D1_HEAT "Heating" [ "TargetTemperature" ] { channel="zwave:device:6b1f660a:node14:thermostat_setpoint_heating" }
Number HV1D1_COOL "Cooling" [ "TargetTemperature" ] { channel="zwave:device:6b1f660a:node14:thermostat_setpoint_cooling" }

It seems to regard it as a light, though:

{"state":{"on":true,"bri":183,"hue":0,"sat":0,"xy":[0.0,0.0],"ct":500,"alert":"none","effect":"none","colormode":"ct","reachable":true},"type":"Dimmable Light","name":"Setpoint (cooling)","modelid":"LWB004","uniqueid":"HV1D1_COOL","manufacturername":"openHAB","swversion":"66009461","pointsymbol":{"1":"none","2":"none","3":"none","4":"none","5":"none","6":"none","7":"none","8":"none"}}

Alexa also sees it as a light and doesn’t let me set a temperature. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much. I had to power off my real hue bridge to get the devices discovered!

I have a problem where Alexa is finding multiple device and I always have to say again which one to choose.

“Alexa, schalte Wohnzimmer gemütlich an”

But there is only one device “Wohnzimmer gemütlich”. There are other devices which are called “Esszimmer gemütlich”, but this shouldn’t be a problem?

Anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: Any solutions found?

What is the difference between [“Switchable”] and [“Lighting”]?

I believe that [“Switchable”] is off and on type switches and [“Lighting”] is dimming the light to a certain %.

sorry to re-open this topic but i could not see a solution for the problem mentioned in the beginning.
I actually run OH2 on the latest Snapshot (2.1.0 build 909) and have the same 1 “degree” onset if i set one of my items, tagged as TargetTemperature, to something like 25. where its getting then set to 24.

was there already any workaround or fix?

The only solution is to receive the value to a dummy item and in the rule substract 1 from the received value. Then send the new value to the actual item.

thanks, was hoping there would be already a more “beautiful” solution :slight_smile:

sorry for the noob question, but could you hive me a hint how the send command could look like for such a case?

Maybe I missed it but is there a way to allocate an item to a virtual hue group/room (like with the hue App) so that I can say “Alexa, switch on the light in xxx” where xxx is the group or room name?

Currently I name every item so special that the name is so unique and toggles the exact item. However as light, sonos, etc is available in several rooms it would be more natural to combine the item name (like Light) with the location (like Livingroom) in one spoken sentence (Alexa, switch the Light in Livingroom on).

Uwe

Hi, so far the Hue Emulator works fine with third party devices like switches and so on. But not so well with a second real hue bridge and real hue bulbs that are connected to that real hue bridge.

I have a Harmony hub and a real hue bridge. Unfortunately Harmony allows only to pair it with one hue bridge. To controll everything this must be the Hue Emulator bridge. Unfortunately the emulated bridge does not seem to proxying through the real hue devices that are connected to the real hue bridge.
I can set up the real bulbs as “Lighting” items in OpenHab:

Color DGBueroLichtAmbiente_Color “Ambientelicht Buero” (DGBuero) [ “Lighting” ] { channel=“hue:0200:00178825bfe6:2:color” }
Color DGBueroLichtLesen_Color “Leselicht Buero” (DGBuero) [ “Lighting” ]{ channel=“hue:0210:00178825bfe6:1:color” }

But this doesn’t give me the same behavior und functionality as when is use the directly with Harmony and the real hue bridge.
For example when i turn on the bulbs with the Harnomy connected to the real hue bridge the bulbs have the same color as wehn I turned the off.
Do I turn them on connected to the Hue Emulator the Color is always white and they are undimmed at 100%.

BTW: I have the same behavior when I controll them with an Amazon Echo.

Michael

I’m trying to use the Hueemulation instead of the “official” Alexa Skill concept to enable a voice control over my Echo Dot.

Environment: Raspberry Pi 3 with OpenHABian and OpenHAB 2.1.0-1

I installed the io by moving the jar file into the addons folder (v2.0.0).

I taged my devices like explained in the readme.md of the master branch
Switch KT_LT_M_State "Küchenlicht" (light) [ "Lighting" ] { channel="homematic:HM-LC-Sw1PBU-FM:ccu:LEQ0215535:1#STATE" }

Always when I search with alexa for devices I get the following exception and no devices are found by Alexa:
2017-07-12 23:29:49.425 [WARN ] [eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler] - /api/cLVHVFRbsRt9Rap2KGP4XWaAO5aUZUGGcL6tBqmh java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.String at java.lang.String.compareTo(String.java:111)[:1.8.0_121] at java.util.TreeMap.getEntry(TreeMap.java:352)[:1.8.0_121] at java.util.TreeMap.remove(TreeMap.java:603)[:1.8.0_121] at org.openhab.io.hueemulation.internal.HueEmulationServlet.getHueDevices(HueEmulationServlet.java:576)[193:org.openhab.io.hueemulation:2.0.0.201611112128] at org.openhab.io.hueemulation.internal.HueEmulationServlet.apiDataStore(HueEmulationServlet.java:433)[193:org.openhab.io.hueemulation:2.0.0.201611112128] at org.openhab.io.hueemulation.internal.HueEmulationServlet.service(HueEmulationServlet.java:258)[193:org.openhab.io.hueemulation:2.0.0.201611112128] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)[18:javax.servlet-api:3.1.0] at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)[172:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.3.0] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)[79:org.eclipse.jetty.security:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:287)[172:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.3.0] at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)[81:org.eclipse.jetty.servlet:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)[172:org.ops4j.pax.web.pax-web-jetty:4.3.0] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)[80:org.eclipse.jetty.server:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)[71:org.eclipse.jetty.io:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)[83:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.2.19.v20160908] at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)[83:org.eclipse.jetty.util:9.2.19.v20160908] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_121]

I just found a new commit in the hue emulation repository with initial support for Google Home: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/commit/c205294f967639720006461fa1128cc0c75287da

Will this also add support for Logitech Harmony once it’s finished?

Please help. I have Google Home Hue Emulator running and paired. But I don’t see my Z-wave devices in Google Home app. http://openhabian/api/discover.xml displays: {“lights”:{}}
Reading the README it says. Device tagging. How do I do it?

You need to add the tags for [“Switchable”] (ie ON/OFF) [“Lighting”] (ie percentage). I think there is a third tag but I have not used it.

So an item entry might be like:

Switch	SW_u_01_LIGHT_Kitchen_PXY_ALEXA	"Kitchen"	<light>	(gItems,gSwitchSubProxy,gItems_u_01,gSwitchSubProxy_u_01,gALEXA_u_01) 	["Switchable"]

You “talk” to it via the labeled name. E.G. “Alexa, Kitchen ON” for this example item.

The OpenHAB documentation has come a long way in the past year. It’s always worth checking there:

I’m sure these questions has been asked before but I couldn’t find the relevant posts, so:

• As far as response time lags, is there any measurable difference between using Hue Emulation or the more official Alexa binding?

• Is either solution much less secure than the other?

I’m currently using Hue Emulation and it works very well but the range of action types is very limited.

Thanks