[new-binding] Integration of SAIC (MG) iSmart based Vehicles

Thanks - I used OpenHab and switched to HomeAssist, hate to say it but I am finding Home Assistant much easier and programming with NodeRed to switch lights on/off with Sonoffs is really fun. Brain didn’t see the difference as I am so used to both logos. Thanks for pointing that out - explains a lot!

Many thanks - so looking forward to getting this installed. I wish I was a programmer.

@tisoft What are your plans for this binding? I see your pull request got closed [saic_ismart][wip] initial contribution of SAIC iSmart based vehicles by tisoft · Pull Request #13573 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

I have got a car now so I will get your code running with openHAB 4 and I can help with testing and getting the a PR new accepted. Let me know if and how you would like to proceed.

Hello,

I used the version 3.4.1 since April for my MG4 and it worked fine.

But since I updated my openHAB to version 4.0.2 the only the Vehicle Message and some timestamps where updated.
But the general data don’t get any updates.

I can see that the GitHub topic is closed.
But is there a plane to update the binding for openHAB version 4?

Or is it recommend to use this project together with MQTT instead?
saic-python-mqtt-gateway

Regards,
Thomas

If you are working on this - any chance you might be interested in porting the MG4 onto Comma Ai 3x ??

I have the wiring diagram for the car and I think I can work out the harness wiring. I got the simulator sort of working on a Virtualbox instance…any thoughts -

@Bombus0815 I was planning to update the binding because I want one for my MG5 on openHAB 4. However I have been busy with other projects so I am not sure when I will get round to this.

Hi @Doug_Culnane thank you for your response. Nice to hear that you want to update the binding. If you need someone for test or for QA I can help you.
I have an MG4 and can support in German and English.

1 Like

I have got @tisoft 's code from the PR working on openhab 4.1.0-snapshot

Here is the jar for the addons folder:

Here is the code copied and fixed:

I would like to revive the pull request. But I am not sure how best to do this.

Thank you very much. Works like a charm.
Only problem I had, that the bridge was not selectable.
So I did manually add the bridge to the car in code configuration.
But could be a problem of my system.

This worked on my computer… Are you using the latest openhab 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT?

However on my computer the updating is not working properly. I need to investigate the polling, and try to fix it. Deactivating the thing and activating it again updates the values.

New version here for testing:

This has breaking changes because it changes the channels…! New installations should be fine but existing (things and items) configuration might need fixed.

The Security PIN is configurable which means I can now get alert messages.

AC ON/OFF works. This is one switch now which makes the UI easier to implement.

Force refresh works but it drains the 12V battery.

I have done README documentation. ( https://github.com/dougculnane/openhab-addons/blob/saic-ismart-openhab4/bundles/org.openhab.binding.saicismart/README.md )

The PR is signed-off (thanks @tisoft ), rebased and updated. ( [saicismart][wip] Initial contribution by dougculnane · Pull Request #15894 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub )

What is not working is the engine on messages. I am not getting them. So when the 10 mins expire it only updates when I “Force_Refresh”. This is something I do not fully understand yet.

1 Like

can you help me integrate it with Nodejs project?

There is Java a Python code here: SAIC-iSmart-API · GitHub

This binding uses these java libraries. I guess you would need to rewrite them in JavaScript to use it in NodeJS. Or maybe use the mqtt gateway and integrate that to your NodeJS project.

Ya we used MQTT gateway and integrate that to our NodeJS project, thanks

1 Like

The binding got merged into the official openhab branch.

This means this binding will be available as standard in future openhab releases.

Thanks @tisoft