New binding: Isy

The list only shows the state of any work done. It’s not a planning list nor a list for consideration, other than people may look at it to see if something is done.

What version of this binding is this? Is the one where the link of source code is shown on the list?

thanks for the clarification regarding the list. There is source code on GIT [ GitHub source Search · ISY binding · GitHub 1 and another [openhab2-addons/IsyRestDiscoveryService.java at master · HentschelT/openhab2-addons · GitHub]( GitHub source Search · ISY binding · GitHub 1 and another [openhab2-addons/IsyRestDiscoveryService.java at master · HentschelT/openhab2-addons · GitHub)

There is is also a link source code in the list. The binding was never merged into OH2 but was available on the Marketplace. It does auto discovery and works quite well in OH2.5.x I believe the binding is listed as 2.3 or 2.4 depending on the dl location.

This is the version I’m using with OH 2.5.x and it works great…

For those of you having trouble with the binding, I have written an ISY 994 - Homie bridge to use the ISY with Homie and OpenHAB. I have been using exclusively. Just logged on to OH and its been running 160 days without issue.

I found the ISY binding to intermittently fail.

@mjcumming is your binding an OH3 or OH2.x? Are there any special ISY994 firmware requirements to use the binding? The OH2.x version of the ISY binding that I am currently using has been stable for the most part, although sometimes multiple restarts are needed to get all of the devices online, but once there it seems fine. I’ver been using it for about 2 years. However if your binding is OH3 with auto discovery, I’d be interested in taking a look at it. Where might I get a .jar add-on and setup instructions? I would imagine that setup is a bit more involved given that it is MQTT.

No binding unfortunately. It used the MQTT binding and requires an install of the bridge from PyPi.

Its not as nice as a built in binding but its robust and easily extended since its written in python.

Thank you for the clarification. I have quite a few devices so for now I think I’ll stay with the 2.x binding.