New binding: Isy

Do you know if there’s any issue with your binding and the 4.6.2 ISY firmware that was just recently released?

I am not sure. My Isy is in another location than where I am at right now, so I haven’t upgraded the firmware. However, I have heard the binding works with the 5.x firmware, so I would be surprised if there are major issues.

I took the leap and upgraded, have not noticed any issues so far

Hi Craig,
Is there any chance you will be able to add any of these devices to the isy things list?

Unsupported insteon node, name: Shower Floods, type: 01.24, address: 3D E6 FF 1 - Insteon (2474DWH) SwitchLinc Dimmer 2-Wire v.42
Unsupported insteon node, name: Irrigation _ Front Shrub Beds, type: 04.00, address: 21 2D D8 - EZRain/EZFlora Irrigation Controller v.28
Unsupported insteon node, name: EZIO2X4.1, type: 07.03, address: 28 AE 29 1 - Compacta EZIO 2x4: INSTEON I/O Controller v.FF
Unsupported insteon node, name: Hallway Remote, type: 02.2C, address: 24 EE B0 1 - Insteon (2487S) Dual Band KeypadLinc Relay v.41
Thanks,

I’m mostly interested in the 2487S KeypadLinc and the 2474DWH 2wire dimmer.

Thanks again for all your work on this binding.

Gordon

yes, I should be able to add those within a day or so.

In the mean time, you may be able to manually create an item which would work. for instance for the 2487S, pick one of device types which best matches. I’m not entirely sure that would work, but would be interested to hear.

Thanks. I’d try your suggestion but I’m not exactly sure how to do that.

Edit:

A little tinkering later - I manually edited the org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json to copied and renamed a device with id 01.42 and (which is a dimmer - this is a switch) and at least the main switch works. I haven’t tried the buttons yet.

I’ve added the buttons to the jsondb as well. They appear to function correctly as well. The only thing that’s off is that the description for the device is “KeyPadLinc Dimmer 5”, which I assume must be derived from the Insteon device type. The Channel type shows as “Switch”, and the function is as a switch, not a dimmer, so that part seems ok.

Cheers.

First of all, thank you very much for all the work you have put into this.

I installed the Binding through the Add-On section sometime last week. I was able to add and discover devices without issue and it worked great until about 2 days ago. All of a sudden the binding and the things would rapidly switch between Offline and Online in an endless cycle. Trace log did not give me much information. I did see a few that said something about a value not being in between 0 and 100. Unfortunately, I did not copy that one before the log cleared. Below is what I am constantly getting now. I have mostly Insteon devices with a few Z-Wave. Which actually worked without issue.

The only other minor issue was just not having a LoadLevvel for the KPL8 Dimmer. But that is not a huge deal.

Any ideas on what is going on?

2017-07-31 21:07:02.926 [ERROR] [sy.internal.IsyWebSocketSubscription] - Error parsing message [<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SubscriptionResponse><SID>uuid:2263</SID><duration>0</duration></SubscriptionResponse>]

@cmacnichol no ideas right now, but I will take a look.

Thanks, I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need any more logs from me.

@craigh

Well, after another few days of going through logs and selectively removing things with no success, I finally just manually cleared all Things and uninstalled the Binding. After it re-installed it is letting me add items without issue or disconnections. So no idea what the original cause was. Going to keep a closer eye on it this time and slowly add devices from the ISY. Maybe one of them is having an issue, no clue.

Ok support should be there for 01.24, the Insteon (2474DWH) SwitchLinc Dimmer 2-Wire v.42

I actually meant click add from the inbox, and then isy. When it is working on auto-discovery, there is an add manually link which then allows you to pick the device type, and enter the parameters manually.

I wouldn’t suggest hacking into the json stuff

Craig, I couldn’t get the device to work using manual entry in PaperUI, thus the experimenting with the jsondb. (Backups were made prior to making changes :grinning:)
Meanwhile, 01.24 (2474DWH) 2wire dimmer now works. Thanks for that.

Hi Craig,
2 quick ones for you

• any chance of adding the ICON Dimmers in the supported items? (ID 01.1E; act exactly the same as other dimmers)
  • Is there anything special that needs to be done in order for the current state of an item to show correctly in Openhab? For example; when I change a dimmer from the wall switch; it doesn’t reflect in any of the UIs.

Thanks!

Craig,

Thanks so much for all the work you have done on this binding. Do you have any update on thermostat support?

Chris

Chris,

We will need someone with an insteon thermostat to step up and contribute. I do not use thermostats with my isy and it would be too hard for me to get it working without.

@Effbe 01.1E support should be in latest build.

You should definitely see changes when you use the wall switch. It could be a communication issue between openhab and the isy, or it could be a refresh issue with the gui. Could you get the latest version and see if the log/event files show the changes when you use the wall switches? If so, it is an issue with the gui you are using.

Hi Craigh,

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the binding for it to update? I was under the impression that it would auto update when installed from the market place.

For the updates from the device manipulation, I’ll go over the logs this evening, will report on any findings.

Cheers!

there is no auto-update feature for bindings yet.

yes, just click uninstall, then install and it should upgrade. the prior version of the binding did not handle uninstallation very well, so I would recommend after you have re-installed, you also restart openhab. Those issues should also be resolved with this latest build.