New binding Resol VBUS

To be honest, I have no glue, why the DiscoveryService is listed twice. Also I do not get the errors like you do. Maybe it is best, that I clean up a bit and you try again.
Answering your old question: I use the more or less same. Openhab 2.2.0-1 on raspbian.

Hello Guys,
First of all, it’s great that You created a Resol Vbus Binding.
Ich set Up my openhab Server about 3 weeks ago. I already connected my homematic and Phillips hue system. Now, i Want to Connect my Sonnencraft SKSC2 With my openhab 2 System. I am a huge Greenhorn in Java programming. Only Basics. How so i have to configure and Set Up my Vbus Binding? I have the Resol VBus–>LAN Connection.
Thanks for your answers.

Java programming skills should not be needed to setup the binding. Actually, copying the jar file to something like /usr/share/openhab2/addons/ (could depend on your setup). Then you can use the Paper UI to just add the binding and the VBUS-LAN bridge should popup in your inbox. Configure there the password for the vbus-LAN adapter and you will see the Resol-Controller (aka Regler). Then item should be configurable.

Come back if you need more details or in case something doesn’t work.

Thanks! I will try IT asap :slight_smile:

Hello Raphel,
first of all thank a lot for this binding !

I’m using OpenHAB 2.2.010 with your latest JAR file.
My RESOL VBUS/LAN.Adapter shows up under the THING section with the correct IP-Adress and serial number, status is “online”. The VBUS device also is shown as THING and I could name it “SONNENKRAFT SKSC2”.
But there are no items for none of these things.
Item linking is “simple”.

Any advice is most welcome.

Did you configure the password in the VBUS Lan bridge?
The names do not play any role.

Password is configured for thing "RESOL-LAN-001e66420bc9 (192.168.178.16) / Bridge VBusLAN adapter /This bridge represents the Resol VBus-LAN adapter / Status: OFFLINE"
Thing "Sonnenkraft SKSC2 / Resol Device / Solar or system controller (or any other device on the VBus) from Resol. / Status: OFFLINE " has no password option.

After restart of my server (Synology NAS DS213j) connection isn’t reestablished (caused Status OFFLINE).
Log says :
018-02-13 16:43:04.042 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.dispose()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.resol.handler.ResolBridgeHandler@ab0515’: Could not update status, because callback is missing
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not update status, because callback is missing
2018-02-13 16:48:40.847 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.resol ] - [org.openhab.binding.resol.internal.ResolHandlerFactory] Cannot register Component
org.osgi.service.component.ComponentException: The component name ‘org.openhab.binding.resol.internal.ResolHandlerFactory’ has already been registered by Bundle 209 (org.openhab.binding.resol) as Component of Class org.openhab.binding.resol.internal.ResolHandlerFactory

Binding is “org.openhab.binding.resol-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT-2018-01-11”

Any comments are most welcome.

Mh. The ERROR “The component name ‘org.openhab.binding.resol.internal.ResolHandlerFactory’ has already been registered by Bundle…” is also reported by @Fernando_Redondo, but he sees items. Also I have to admit, that I don’t have any glue where this comes from. Did you setup the resol binding two times somehow?

To debug it further, can you set the loglevel to TRACE or sniff the network traffic to see whether there is some communication between your openhab server and the vbus-LAN adapter?

Hello,
i installed the Resol binding now. First it dont shows me the channels of the vbus see in the picture.And i don´t know how to configure the items and the sitemaps. Can somebody give me an example how to build and the structure of a item?
I tried that way at a sitemap:

sitemap demo label="My home automation" {
    Frame label="Date" {
        Text item=RESOL_TemperatureS1="Livingroom [%.1f °C]" icon="temperature"
            }
    }

And this way at a item:

Number RESOL_TemperatureS1 "Temperature S1: [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (Resol) { channel="resol:controller:001e6642212d:temperature-s1" }

And on the other picture is my configuartion

is it right, that the adapter serial is the same than i wrote it in the item?
Or what should i write in an item-?

The first picture is coming soon !

Thank you for your answers :wink:

That is the first picture-
no channes :wink: nothing

Ok, the VBusLAN Adapter shall not have channels, as it is only the bridge device. As it is online all devices on your VBUS should become visible as Things in your inbox - can you look there? There should be at least the “…Regler” - which is the German (Resol) name for Controller… That one shall have the channels for temperature sensors and all that.

I completely configure the Items in the Paper UI and can use the given names then in my sitemap.

hi, no, in my inbox, is nothing, i can add a thing, then i only create the same device.

in my openhab command line is standing following error:

Exception in thread “Thread-59” java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: UID segment ‘SKSC1/2’ contains invalid characters. Each segment of the UID must match the pattern [A-Za-z0-9_-]*.
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.UID.validateSegment(UID.java:91)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.UID.(UID.java:69)
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.ThingUID.(ThingUID.java:55)
at org.openhab.binding.resol.internal.discovery.ResolDiscoveryService.addThing(ResolDiscoveryService.java:46)
at org.openhab.binding.resol.internal.discovery.ResolDiscoveryService.addResolThing(ResolDiscoveryService.java:69)
at org.openhab.binding.resol.handler.ResolBridgeHandler.createThing(ResolBridgeHandler.java:113)
at org.openhab.binding.resol.handler.ResolBridgeHandler.access$11(ResolBridgeHandler.java:110)
at org.openhab.binding.resol.handler.ResolBridgeHandler$1$1.packetReceived(ResolBridgeHandler.java:223)
at de.resol.vbus.Connection.emitHeaderReceived(Connection.java:160)
at de.resol.vbus.TcpConnection.runInBackground(TcpConnection.java:134)
at de.resol.vbus.TcpConnection.access$0(TcpConnection.java:124)
at de.resol.vbus.TcpConnection$1.run(TcpConnection.java:99)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Or is this an error?
Thanks for answers :wink:

Good catch. This is a bug, as I directly take over the Thing names from the Resol Library and in your case this is not valid name according the openhab rules… I will change that.

OK. Thanks You verry much

do You Need some other values? Or do You know where the Bug has his Origin?

The issue is clear. It is just a matter of time. But thanks for pushing.

So here is another try of the jar with some updates and bug fixes.

hey :wink: thanks for trying. but i think, i get the same error. Thanks that you are working for this great addon!

openhab> Exception in thread "Thread-59" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: UID segment 'SKSC1/2' contains invalid characters. Each segment of the UID must match the pattern [A-Za-z0-9_-]*.
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.UID.validateSegment(UID.java:91)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.UID.<init>(UID.java:69)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.ThingUID.<init>(ThingUID.java:55)
        at org.openhab.binding.resol.internal.discovery.ResolDiscoveryService.addThing(ResolDiscoveryService.java:46)
        at org.openhab.binding.resol.internal.discovery.ResolDiscoveryService.addResolThing(ResolDiscoveryService.java:69)
        at org.openhab.binding.resol.handler.ResolBridgeHandler.createThing(ResolBridgeHandler.java:113)
        at org.openhab.binding.resol.handler.ResolBridgeHandler.access$11(ResolBridgeHandler.java:110)
        at org.openhab.binding.resol.handler.ResolBridgeHandler$1$1.packetReceived(ResolBridgeHandler.java:223)
        at de.resol.vbus.Connection.emitHeaderReceived(Connection.java:160)
        at de.resol.vbus.TcpConnection.runInBackground(TcpConnection.java:134)
        at de.resol.vbus.TcpConnection.access$0(TcpConnection.java:124)
        at de.resol.vbus.TcpConnection$1.run(TcpConnection.java:99)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

From the line numbers it looks as you would still use the old jar. Can you check whether you really have the new version? And have the old file deleted?