New Binding - Timer/Scheduling Binding

Hey Neil, I’m new on Openhab and I’m very happy founding your binding. But I’ve one problem with it. It will not be correctly initialized after backing up or restart Openhab. I’m using the 2.3. release with persisting (MySql). It will only start running, after changing all parameter like timer and switches. Where can I get a new update? I understand, that this nice binding is not in the official repository.

Hello Neil,

As you already mentioned that the bug was is the last day of the year. Did you released any new version that solved this bug ?

Thank you in advance.

gents, can someone please explain how to add the scheduler into a sitemap? I hope I can get my current ugly timer replaced with something more convenient…

how to fill the scheduler with data via the GUI?

grafik

Hello community,
I’m quite new to openHAB, but as some of You I’m struggling with scheduling of tasks.
I’ve searched a bit and for example Supla is adding this feature in next version.
Take a look at their proposed version: https://github.com/SUPLA/supla-cloud/issues/152.

I’d like to help with creating such Item, because this would allow end user (for example my wife, which isn’t a developer/coder) to reschedule tasks.

Because I’m new I’d be grateful for any information about creating custom item (I’d like to customize scheduler from Basic UI and from phone, so new Item is needed).
Any guidance or materials about that are more than welcome! (didn’t find anything in docs)

I’m a software developer, but I work mostly in C#, but having some instructions I can try creating POC, or help with existing development.

Things that I don’t know (yet) is how can I store scheduler config so it will be persistent between restarts.

Regards,
Tomasz

1 Like

Openhab needs something like that :frowning:

2 Likes

Is there actually anything happening on that scheduling topic?
I’m asking because I built a scheduler based on jcrontab (Java) for my home grown irrigation scheduler (in former times using modbus devices, now on Esp32 via mqtt). That system includes an AJAX based UI for configuring schedules, i.e. it parses cron entries (that respect certain constraints) and displays them in a web UI and it allows the user to create, modify and delete schedules.
Rather than continuing maintaining my old solution I’d rather integrate those devices into openhab but I would need a GUI that allows to configure schedules and provide an overview of active / inactive schedules etc.
I’m happy to discuss requirements, architecture and contribute but I am not terribly familiar with the openhab architecture.

Hi,

Great binding,

I used in combination with habpanel,

but i am missing some items.

I need the option that the timer works only with ON or OFF time.
When i want to reset at a item, i need only the OFF signale

Is it also posible to connect a item to the timer channel whitout using rules?

The posibility to change the MTWThVSaSu to a other langue

Habpanel example

Regards,

Ronny

1 Like