New Binding: Vallox MV ventilation unit series

The binding is not part of the distribution yet so it’s not available in PaperUI.
Download it (see first post) and put the jar into /usr/share/openhab2/addons.

Unfortunately the valloxonline binding fails to start after I upgraded to snapshot 1231.
Kai made some comments about the need to recompile bindings against latest ESH (here), please try.

openhab> bundle:list|grep -i vallox
152 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.3.0.201801112101     │ ValloxOnline Binding
openhab> bundle:start 152
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
        Error starting bundle 152: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [152]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component.annotations; resolution:="optional"
  Bundle was not resolved because of a uses contraint violation.
  org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Uses constraint violation. Unable to resolve resource org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201801112101"; singleton:="true"] because it is exposed to package 'org.eclipse.jetty.io' from resources org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.21.v20170918"] and org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"] via two dependency chains.

Chain 1:
  org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201801112101"; singleton:="true"]
    import: (osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jetty.io)
     |
    export: osgi.wiring.package: org.eclipse.jetty.io
  org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.21.v20170918"]

Chain 2:
  org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201801112101"; singleton:="true"]
    import: (osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client)
     |
    export: osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client; uses:=org.eclipse.jetty.io
  org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"]
    import: (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jetty.io)(&(version>=9.3.15)(!(version>=9.3.16))))
     |
  org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"]

New version for testing. Tried to implement QuantityType as well. On my test machine localization doesn’t work correctly and my production is on 2.2. So I’d be happy if one of you could test it.

No luck, did you compile against latest ESH ?

openhab> bundle:start 232
        Error starting bundle 232: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [232]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.component.annotations; resolution:="optional"
  org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Uses constraint violation. Unable to resolve resource org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201803180121"; singleton:="true"] because it is exposed to package 'org.eclipse.jetty.io' from resources org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.21.v20170918"] and org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"] via two dependency chains.

Chain 1:
  org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201803180121"; singleton:="true"]
     |
  org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.21.v20170918"]

Chain 2:
  org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201803180121"; singleton:="true"]
     |
    export: osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client; uses:=org.eclipse.jetty.io
  org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"]
    import: (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jetty.io)(&(version>=9.3.15)(!(version>=9.3.16))))
     |
  org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"]

Thats the result in my test environment (eclipse based, so not with the jar from maven I uploaded for you). I checked the jar files and it seems like no special requirement regarding jetty is included there (so no conflicting version numbers). At least I couldn’t find anything in the jar. So I’m currently a bit clueless how to debug further to solve your problem.

Does anyone experiance the same problem? Or anyone an idea?

Anyways I have rebuilt all addons and uploaded the jar (link is the same). But that is more a try …

Thanks, but that didn’t make a difference.

Check out the last lines of my error message, reads as if the websocket library (?) seems to mandate jetty v9.3.15. snapshot #1231 comes with jetty 9.3.21 as can be seen some lines up.

Also, does this help ? Not being a programmer, I still dare to guess you need to (manually) maintain the manifest file to reflect dependencies.

Still having this problem.
I’m using 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT so I need the valloxonline binding to be compiled against this as Kai explained here

Would you please give that a try ?

Will try to take care of this over the weekend. I have not installed any openHAB on my development environment it is compiled from sources. Maybe some of the openHAB basis is out of date and I didn’t notice …

Not a pro developer here but if i’ve understanded correctly you don’t have to export that much packages. Just the handler(s) and core package.

Your MANIFEST.MF now:

Export-Package: 
 org.openhab.binding.valloxonline;uses:="org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing",
 org.openhab.binding.valloxonline.handler;
  uses:="org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing,
   org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.api,
   org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding,
   org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types"

Try removing some exports:

Export-Package: 
 org.openhab.binding.valloxonline;
 org.openhab.binding.valloxonline.handler;

Hey Miika,

thanks for your hint.
Updated the version (same link as in first post). Hope it works now.

Kindly
Björn

Not able to test it though. I have older Vallox 110 SE vent unit in my house. As a matter of fact I’m trying to develop the other Vallox binding a bit further because SuperOok isn’t responding to any messages.

But hopefully @mstormi tests it soon.

No luck:

openhab> bundle:list|grep -i vallox
161 │ Installed │  80 │ 2.3.0.201804062126     │ ValloxOnline Binding
openhab> bundle:start 161
        Error starting bundle 161: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [161]
  org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Uses constraint violation. Unable to resolve resource org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201804062126"; singleton:="true"] because it is exposed to package 'org.eclipse.jetty.io' from resources org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.21.v20170918"; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"] and org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"] via two dependency chains.

Chain 1:
  org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201804062126"; singleton:="true"]
     |
  org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.21.v20170918"; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"]

Chain 2:
  org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201804062126"; singleton:="true"]
     |
  org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client"]
     |
  org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"]
openhab>

Is there now newer build available than 201804062126? Maybe @bjoernbrings’s fix didn’t make it to that build. And as stated above by Markus try build it against latest repo in your own dev enviroment if you havn’t done that already.

I executed maven and uploaded the resulting jar file. My dev environment is on newest repo.

But as stated maybe there is a problem with some updating. I will reinstall the whole environment and give this a try.

Has anyone else the same problem or can report the binding to be running smoothly on daily version 2.3 system?
@mstormi is still struggeling, but in my freshly setup dev environment the binding is running smoothly

Though I’m still confused why this issue does not harm me (in my test environment) or anyone else (or at least no one spoke up). It seems like it is related to issue #692 (https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/issues/692).
Maybe it’s because this binding is triggered dependency conflicts with other bindings (that I didn’t use in my test environment)

These are the packages why my valloxmv binding still refuses to start (see output above).
Same in your env ?

openhab> list -s -t 0| grep jetty.io
 76 │ Active    │  80 │ 9.3.15.v20161220       │ org.eclipse.jetty.io
 77 │ Active    │  30 │ 9.3.21.v20170918       │ org.eclipse.jetty.io
openhab> list -s -t 0| grep webso
 91 │ Active    │  80 │ 9.3.15.v20161220       │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.api
 92 │ Active    │  80 │ 9.3.15.v20161220       │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common
202 │ Active    │  80 │ 9.3.15.v20161220       │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client

My dev is Eclipse IDE based, so no karaf. But the jars says 9.3.22

Even in productiv environment (v2.2) the versions are newer than yours …

81 │ Active   │  30 │ 9.3.22.v20171030       │ org.eclipse.jetty.io

openhab> list -s -t 0| grep webso
 35 │ Active   │  30 │ 1.1                    │ javax.websocket-api
 95 │ Active   │  30 │ 9.3.22.v20171030       │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.api
 96 │ Active   │  30 │ 9.3.22.v20171030       │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client
 97 │ Active   │  30 │ 9.3.22.v20171030       │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common
 98 │ Active   │  30 │ 9.3.22.v20171030       │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.javax.websocket
 99 │ Active   │  30 │ 9.3.22.v20171030       │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.javax.websocket.server
100 │ Active   │  30 │ 9.3.22.v20171030       │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.server
101 │ Active   │  30 │ 9.3.22.v20171030       │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.servlet

I guess a new snapshot after this PR might help

Just installed snapshot #1274 (I believe it should include this fix) but again no luck.
The .15 version bundles are still there. Note there’s no .21 websocket version …

76 │ Active │ 80 │ 9.3.15.v20161220 │ org.eclipse.jetty.io
77 │ Active │ 30 │ 9.3.21.v20170918 │ org.eclipse.jetty.io
openhab> list -s -t 0| grep webs
91 │ Active │ 80 │ 9.3.15.v20161220 │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.api
92 │ Active │ 80 │ 9.3.15.v20161220 │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common
201 │ Active │ 80 │ 9.3.15.v20161220 │ org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client

2018-05-14 09:51:49.602 [DEBUG] [e.osgi.LoggingCommandSessionListener] - Executing command: 'bundle:start 137'
2018-05-14 09:51:49.712 [DEBUG] [e.osgi.LoggingCommandSessionListener] - Command: 'bundle:start 137' failed: org.apache.karaf.shell.support.MultiException: Error executing command on bundles:
	Error starting bundle 137: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [137]
  org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Uses constraint violation. Unable to resolve resource org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201803182140"; singleton:="true"] because it is exposed to package 'org.eclipse.jetty.io' from resources org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.21.v20170918"] and org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"] via two dependency chains.

Chain 1:
  org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201803182140"; singleton:="true"]
     |

Chain 2:
  org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201803182140"; singleton:="true"]
     |
     |
2018-05-14 09:51:49.714 [ERROR] [apache.karaf.shell.support.ShellUtil] - Exception caught while executing command
org.apache.karaf.shell.support.MultiException: Error executing command on bundles:
	Error starting bundle 137: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [137]
  org.osgi.service.resolver.ResolutionException: Uses constraint violation. Unable to resolve resource org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.valloxonline"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0.201803182140"; singleton:="true"] because it is exposed to package 'org.eclipse.jetty.io' from resources org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.21.v20170918"] and org.eclipse.jetty.io [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.eclipse.jetty.io"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="9.3.15.v20161220"] via two dependency chains.

Chain 1:
     |

Chain 2:
     |
     |
	at org.apache.karaf.shell.support.MultiException.throwIf(MultiException.java:61) ~[12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.BundlesCommand.doExecute(BundlesCommand.java:67) [43:org.apache.karaf.bundle.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.BundlesCommand.execute(BundlesCommand.java:52) [43:org.apache.karaf.bundle.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.action.command.ActionCommand.execute(ActionCommand.java:84) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.osgi.secured.SecuredCommand.execute(SecuredCommand.java:68) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.osgi.secured.SecuredCommand.execute(SecuredCommand.java:86) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:571) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.java:497) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:386) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:417) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
	Suppressed: java.lang.Exception: Error starting bundle 137: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [137]

Chain 1:
     |

Chain 2:
     |
     |
		at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.BundlesCommand.doExecute(BundlesCommand.java:64) [43:org.apache.karaf.bundle.core:4.1.5]
		at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.BundlesCommand.execute(BundlesCommand.java:52) [43:org.apache.karaf.bundle.core:4.1.5]
		at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.action.command.ActionCommand.execute(ActionCommand.java:84) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
		at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.osgi.secured.SecuredCommand.execute(SecuredCommand.java:68) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
		at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.osgi.secured.SecuredCommand.execute(SecuredCommand.java:86) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
		at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:571) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
		at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.java:497) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
		at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:386) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
		at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:417) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
		at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
		at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59) [12:org.apache.karaf.shell.core:4.1.5]
		at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
		at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
		at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
	Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.valloxonline [137]

Chain 1:
     |

Chain 2:
     |
     |
		at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
		at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.Start.executeOnBundle(Start.java:38) ~[?:?]
		at org.apache.karaf.bundle.command.BundlesCommand.doExecute(BundlesCommand.java:62) ~[?:?]
		... 14 more