Deprecated Binding - Volkswagen We Connect

Adblue is the additive for Diesel engine to get “cleaner” emissions

representing here the range >2400km

I suppose you got a Gasoline (Super) engine on your car and by building the binding forgot the adblue value for Diesel in the API(hope this is the issue)

Aha :slight_smile:

I will try to fix that!

Since I’ve not yet created a channel for adBlueLevel I will just change the representation from int to String to get the gson conversion to work.

New binding jar will be published soon! :slight_smile:

Let me know…I’m here for testing it.

Original post now updated with new jar-file.

Jan
My log is:

I Used latest JAR file.

2020-02-04 21:17:36.016 [WARN ] [econnect.internal.VWWeConnectSession] - Get request status, Error code: {"errorCode":"2"}

2020-02-04 21:17:50.548 [WARN ] [econnect.internal.VWWeConnectSession] - Error code on POST: {"errorCode":"2","timerCount":3}

2020-02-04 21:17:50.553 [WARN ] [econnect.internal.VWWeConnectSession] - Failed to update vehicle details for VIN: XXXXXXXXXX

2020-02-04 21:17:50.562 [WARN ] [nal.handler.VWWeConnectBridgeHandler] - Refresh success!

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2020-02-04 21:17:50.563 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'vwweconnect:vwweconnectapi:27c1ba8f' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2020-02-04 21:17:50.563 [INFO ] [t.internal.action.VWWeConnectActions] - VW We Connect actions service instanciated

2020-02-04 21:17:50.572 [WARN ] [nal.handler.VWWeConnectBridgeHandler] - VWWeConnectBridgeHandler - Refresh thread is up'n running!

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2020-02-04 21:17:50.748 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'vwweconnect:vehicle:f180e3d2' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2020-02-04 21:17:50.764 [WARN ] [.internal.handler.VWWeConnectHandler] - Thing JSON is null: vwweconnect:vehicle

I’ve built a new jar-file, and updated my original post, that will change the behaviour if one of many status requests fail, it will still update the vehicle thing with the status that it managed to query.

This leads to uglier code but it will hopefully be more easy to track down which status requests that fails and then try to find out why. :slight_smile:

I will also update the original post of how to create a separate log file for a binding, if you do not already know. That then gives you much easier way of sending me the debug logs! :slight_smile:

here the new log file
[log.txt| [file removed]

the part with org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg: log file empty

car stays initializing

Jan,

This binding is working for me.

Thanks

Thanks for the logs, I can see that you still got the:
Exception caught java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "> 2400"

Can you double check that you run the latest built binding jar:

[08:57:44] openhabian@openhab:/usr/share/openhab2/addons$ md5sum org.openhab.binding.vwweconnect-2.5.2-SNAPSHOT.jar 
ed59073868727828f23b18e8e8cc71a2  org.openhab.binding.vwweconnect-2.5.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
[08:58:04] openhabian@openhab:/usr/share/openhab2/addons$ openhab-cli console

Logging in as openhab
Password:  

__  _____    ____      
  ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )     
 / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  | 
/ /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ /      
\____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/     
    /_/                        2.5.1
                               Release Build   

Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
Hit '<ctrl-d>' or type 'system:shutdown' or 'logout' to shutdown openHAB.

openhab> bundle:list |grep -i vw
307 │ Active  │  80 │ 2.5.2.202002042148      │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: VW We Connect Binding

If you do, just try to delete bridge/vehicle and start from scratch.

Hi, i installed the binding and add my credentials from vw but i have no security pin.

2020-02-05 11:16:30.133 [DEBUG] [nal.handler.VWWeConnectBridgeHandler] - Handler disposed.
2020-02-05 11:16:30.135 [DEBUG] [nal.handler.VWWeConnectBridgeHandler] - Stop automatic refresh for job null
2020-02-05 11:16:30.136 [DEBUG] [nal.handler.VWWeConnectBridgeHandler] - Stop immediate refresh for job null
2020-02-05 11:16:30.137 [DEBUG] [nal.handler.VWWeConnectBridgeHandler] - Stop automatic refresh for job null
2020-02-05 11:16:30.138 [DEBUG] [nal.handler.VWWeConnectBridgeHandler] - Stop immediate refresh for job null
2020-02-05 11:16:30.147 [DEBUG] [nal.handler.VWWeConnectBridgeHandler] - Initializing VWWeConnect Binding

Hi Andreas and thanks for testing! :slight_smile:

It looks like something is wrong with your username or password. S-PIN is only needed for actions and not for fecthing status, so the binding should support having S-PIN unset/absent.
Does the same credentials work to log on to:
https://www.portal.volkswagen-we.com/

I’ve compiled a new jar-file, and updated my original post, that hopefully will handle wrong credentials and failed login in a better way, so that the Bridge status states that is it a credentials problem.

If you could test the new jar-file it would be great. :slight_smile:

If you then could send me the DEBUG logs in a PM, I can take a look whats happening. Please mask credentials and VIN info from the logs.

Hi, thanks for the fast response. I can login on the site without problems. I will try your new version as fast as possible. I use only the we connect app and use the vw credentials in it.

Original post updated with new compiled binding jar, I’ve added more debug logs to be able to track down @Schnuecks problem.

Jan,

Thank you for the binding. He works fine with me now. Is it also possible to send functions to the car? for example closing the doors?
Has anyone already come up with nice features that you can make with the binding?

also confirm now up and running

will get back with feedback

first data:
Milage missing
fuel consumption wrong
Average Fuel Consumption 0.8 L/100km
Last Trip Data Fuel Consumption 0.9 L/100km

(i would love to have this consumtion)

New binding jar again, original post updated. Please use that one! :slight_smile:

Milage missing
fuel consumption wrong
Average Fuel Consumption 0.8 L/100km
Last Trip Data Fuel Consumption 0.9 L/100km

Milage = totalTripDistance channel, it is fetched by the get-latest-trip-statistics API request. Search in the logs for Last trip.

Fuel consumption is not calclulated by the binding, it is also fetched from VW We Connect portal.
Can you compare the figures with the portal or the App?

Hi Ferry, nice that it works! :slight_smile:

Look in the README, there two ways of accessing actions, either using Switches in sitemaps as described, or you can try out using actions from a rule.

I have not tested actions in depth, that was something that I took from the VolvoOnCall binding, I have created items and a sitemap that I can access from the OH IOS App, from that App I can control lock/unlock of my vehicle and also start the heater.

Since I also use Google Home and the OH Google Home action, I can tell Google to unlock my vehicle or star the heater :slight_smile:

But as I wrote in the original post, the API is kind of fussy, to be able to start the heater you must sometime turn on/off the ignition for some reason. That is not a fault in the binding, the VW We Connect App has exactly the same behaviour.

hello,

i think my problem is that i use a vw account but not the portal.
my app we connect go is logging on on this website https://vwid.vwgroup.io/
there is all my data stored. this account is connect to all vw.
but my we connect go seems not the same use for we connect.
the portal seems for buying new cars, i cant add a car via vin there.
but my car is stored in the account above.

OK, then that will not work since the binding uses the https://www.portal.volkswagen-we.com URL.
I shall add that info to my original post.