New DSMR-binding for OpenHAB 2

Thanks for building this new binding for openhab2.

I finally found some time to move away the old dmsr1 binding to this new one.
I guess i found a small snack in the binding, but i’m not quite sure.

According the the interwebs my meter (Landis Gyr+ ZFM110CBt) is a DSMR v4 meter, and in my old dsmr.cfg i used

#Version
version=v4.0

When i create a electricity_v4_0 meter, i am no longer able to read out my L2 and L3 delivery.
(All other values are working)

When set trace logging enabled i do see

Object(type:EMETER_INSTANT_POWER_DELIVERY_L1, cosemValues:{=0.022 kW}), Cosem Object(type:EMETER_INSTANT_POWER_DELIVERY_L2, cosemValues:{=0.148 kW}), Cosem Object(type:EMETER_INSTANT_POWER_DELIVERY_L3, cosemValues:{=0.068 kW}),

But i never see the channels being updated.

How-ever when i change to electricity_v5_0 i do see these channels being updated.

Should i just select v5 meter, or is this indeed a little snack within the binding?

There are more versions of version 4 supported: 4.0.4 and 4.2. In the documentation of DSMR v4.0 the instant power data is not specified, and therefor not in the 4.0 version of the binding. It could be your meter has variation of 4.0 or isn’t completely compatible with 4.0. You might try discovery to see what the binding comes up with or try 4.0.4 or 4.2.

Yes that was it indeed!

Changed to V4_2 meter and now it works!

I Just noticed now that it was just a few lines above the ones i posted here:
Object(type:P1_VERSION_OUTPUT, cosemValues:{=42})

Thanks for the support!

I have a DSMR v5 meter. Electricity works fine. But Gas is -NaN. My Gasmeter has channel 2. The first connected meter did not work. So it was replaced, but got channel 2. eg.
0-2:96.1.0(4730303339303031383433313135303138)
0-2:24.2.1(201022184506S)(00847.336*m3)

What should I place in dsmr.things?
Gasmeter (DSMR V3.0) is online.

Did you try anything mentioned in the documentation? Does it discover any gasmeter if you try to discover it?

In paperui it says Gasmeter Online.

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.
I tried to install the DSMR binding on my openhab 2.5.1 (openhabian on RPI) in my paperUI.
The install seems to be running constantly.
In my Log viewer I get every minute an error

2020-12-12 17:19:59.657 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] = Failed installing ‘openhab-binding-dsmr’ : Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-binding-modbus;…"

and it doesn’t go away when rebooting.
Does anyone knows what goes wrong?

Thanks in advance

Hello all,

Could you give some info related to the hardware which is needed for this binding (except for the smart meter itself)? Is this just a RJ11 to USB cable which is connected to a raspberry? Is it possible to have an RJ11 to RJ45 cable which is plugged into the switch/router and read the data from there?

Thanks

I use a serial to usb cable

My smart meter will be installed next week. The P1 cable is already arrived, but i’m wondering how I will connect everything. My openhab hardware is in a complete other room, so working with a long USB is not a solution.
I was thinking to setup an openhab instance only for reading the meter, store everything in my influxdb, so I can see fancy graphs in Grafana. But this is maybe overkill?
I also saw that there is a device of HomeWizard which is connected to the P1 port and has a oh binding.

What will be the best solution?