New Elero TransmitterStick Binding

Thank you for the information. Just ordered the Elero stick today. Will take a week though to be delivered …

The Elero stick is working with Weinor! I could use my existing remote control to set the blind to configuration mode as explained in a youtube video from Weinor. However, I still have problems to configure a second channel for dimming lights. Works with my remote, but not with the stick, yet.

Thank you Volker for the great effort!

Was thinking of getting one of these sticks myself - do you have any info on getting it actually running on raspbian, before jumping into the openhab binding?

Was hoping to skip the purchase of the stick and work with a plain nrf905 to “clone” the 868mhz signal from the remote, but kind of giving up on that by now…

Nice to hear that the stick works for you. What kind of lights are you expecting to dim with it? Can you keep us posted if you get it working?

I would wonder if the distribution makes a difference as long as it has an up-to-date kernel. I am running openhabian, which is based on raspian lite, so you should be fine.

I will try to make it work during the weekend. The LED lights are integrated with the blind (see https://www.weinor.de/opaldesign/) and it is operated with the same remote control.

@ggg: The Elero usb stick will work as soon as it has a USB power connection. You only need to teach the stick according to the Elero/Weinor rules. There are four buttons on the stick (up, down, p for stopping and programming and select to choose the channel). But I have no clue how to operate it from the raspberry Pi without using openHab and Volkers binding.

Light ON (STATUS = BOTTOM) /OFF (STATUS=TOP) is now working (channel 2). There was a slightly different method involved to teach the stick.

However, percentage values (25, 75) are not working for the blind. Probably there needs to be a kind of calibration first. Do you have an idea what to do?

The Stick API has the following different commands:
0x20 Up
0x44 Intermediate position
0x24 Tilt/ventilation
0x40 Down
0x10 Stop

Since the API has no support for percentage values, I have mapped openHAB percentages to stick commands:
0% Up
25% Intermediate position
75% Tilt/ventilation
100% Down

The API documentation only talks about rollershutters and does not mention lights or other hardware. So I guess there is no support for dimming the lights.

Can sb please post a things configuration for the elero transmitter stick?
in the console the binding is running, but i cannot manage to bin my stick with my items.

Hello Volker Bier!

Can you please explain me, how to bind the elero transmitter stick to openhab?
I have problems with the things config.

first I create a Thing which is the stick like this:

Thing elerotransmitterstick:elerostick:stick "EleroStick" @ "Arbeitszimmer" [ portName="/dev/ttyEleroStick", updateInterval=5000 ]

But when I try to add a channel, then I run into troubles

Thing elerotransmitterstick:elerochannel:4 [channelId="4"]

My Logfile says, that I have a Nullpointer Exception:

2017-07-24 13:04:09.153 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing 'elerotransmitterstick:elerochannel:4': java.lang.NullPointerException
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)[:1.8.0_131]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:206)[:1.8.0_131]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.callAsynchronous(SafeMethodCaller.java:194)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:83)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:67)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.doInitializeHandler(ThingManager.java:738)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.initializeHandler(ThingManager.java:664)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.access$12(ThingManager.java:639)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$2.apply(ThingManager.java:681)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$2.apply(ThingManager.java:1)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core.BundleProcessorVetoManager.applyActionFor(BundleProcessorVetoManager.java:124)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.registerAndInitializeHandler(ThingManager.java:1016)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager.thingUpdated(ThingManager.java:544)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl.notifyTrackers(ThingRegistryImpl.java:221)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl.notifyListenersAboutUpdatedElement(ThingRegistryImpl.java:144)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl.notifyListenersAboutUpdatedElement(ThingRegistryImpl.java:1)
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractRegistry.updated(AbstractRegistry.java:177)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractProvider.notifyListeners(AbstractProvider.java:57)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.registry.AbstractProvider.notifyListenersAboutUpdatedElement(AbstractProvider.java:82)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b5]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider.lambda$18(GenericThingProvider.java:978)[133:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing:0.9.0.b5]
        at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1249)[:1.8.0_131]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider.createThingsFromModelForThingHandlerFactory(GenericThingProvider.java:987)[133:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing:0.9.0.b5]

Maybe you could help me with my problems.

Hi there,
unfortunately I have never used config file for my things and I have not the slightest idea how that is supposed to work.
Can’t you use Paper UI to create the things? Or can I export a thing file for my generated things?
Regards,
Volker

Thank you Volker!

With paper UI I managed it to work. Thank you.

@Dieter You have to teach the stick also Intermediate and Ventilation postition.
There is a description here: https://www.alux.dk/media/1570/centero-operating-instruction.pdf Page 16

1 Like

Do you have a link to that API documentation? Would be interested in seeing exactly what I can do before purchasing the stick. Bought an Elero Remote thinking I could do with that for programming different up/down times per rollershutter, only to later discover they ALL (all 10 channels) must go up or down at one same predefined time. Kind of useless…so haven’t used it for months now.

It is really as difficult as going to elero.de and searching for transmitter stick. The first hit is the API description.

you’re right! thanks for that.
Do you happen to have any sample linux script / python, whatever to test it out? Can you just write to the dev tty and it “works”?

See my comment here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/issues/4149. There is a bash script allowing to control the stick from the command line.

What remote do you have? I have the Tempotel, and it allows to configure different times per channel.

Thanks for the .sh

Got a Tempotel2. Manual says: “Note
It is not possible to select different switching times for specific
channels for several unidirectional function channels (switching time
applies to all unidirectional channels).”

By the way, does the transmitter stick work with unidirectional receivers (using revio 868)? On those api docs could only find a mention of bidirectional (in passing, on the led status description)

Okay, I have only bi-directional components, so that is why I do not have this restriction. I have no idea if the stick works with uni-directional receivers. You will have to study the docs or ask Elero customer support.

Does anyone know what happened to the GitHub repo? Is there a new URL?