New Gree Air Conditioner Binding

Hi Guys,
This binding is very solid, and I really like it.

But… My AC is one of these portable ones, which I move/connect as needed. So most of the year, it is not powered, and therefore I get constant log items; (one every 12’th second, normally)

2021-07-02 08:08:32.329 [INFO ] [ng.gree.internal.handler.GreeHandler] - f4911e6fae19: Unable to connect to air conditioner

Is there a way to suppress these?

You can set the log level of the binding to OFF. See documentation: Logging

Or you can disable the Thing in openHAB, which prevents the binding from trying to connect to the device.

Thanks, two good solutions! I choosed the binding OFF method, so I don’t have to go into oh when I plug it the next time. Just hope I remember this, if I am chasing down a malfunction… :slight_smile:

I’ve finished with the code and step-by-step description: https://github.com/meke1111/gree-controller-openhab-habpanel .

yoiu could configuere a log filter in log4j.xml

see here: Log filtering in OH 3

I think this is the better option, because it also saves resources

1 Like

I’ll have a look to it after my vacation and then we could integrated it to the documentation as a use case document.

1 Like

I’ve started this binding recently and I have the same problem - did you find any workaround?

If you ask for the created widget by me, you can set it by clicking on the target knob bar.

Hello Markus,
thanks alot for providing this binding.
I have been using it with 2 TOSOT (by Gree) Split AC Appliances.

On OH2.x it has been working glueless but since I updated to
OH3 and using the Gree-Binding “org.openhab.binding.gree-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar”, I still
get sporadically the following log messages:
“Thing initialization failed: Unable to bind to device”
This had been discussed once, but I could not find a confirmed
solution. Can you pls tell me what the status or even
better the solution is to stop the reason for those messages ?

Thank you.

Best regards
funcarver72

I‘m not aware of a specific fix. Is it just log noise or do you have service interruptions?

Yes, I encounter connection interruptions during the time of the log messages. The AC interface does not react immediately, the instructions get stacked and executed upon reconnection.

still can’t control temperature maybe you find something?

Hi all,
I keep getting following error in the taillog after configuring the Thing:

2022-07-26 17:03:49.952 [INFO ] [ng.gree.internal.handler.GreeHandler] - mygreeID001: Thing initialization failed: Decryption of recieved data failed

Any hints on how to solve this?
Thanks

Which firmware version are you running on your indoor unit? I was always afraid of firmware updates from Gree, we never know when they will change the communication from plain to encrypted, which would break the binding, so i did not allow any updates in the past year… Lets collect which firmware version do we run yet successfully.

These are the firmwares which i can confirm working:
MID: 10001-v9.6
Firmware: v3.56, v3.58, v3.67

The app reports latest available for download: v3.72

Anyone using the latest already?

I could log in with the newer app finally. Unit is MID 100001-v9.6, SW is 3.8 and it offers 3.9. Unit itself min 5-6 years old and I do not remember that I have ever refreshed the SW on it.

Firmware:
MID: 10001-v8.4
Firmware: V1.08
Region: Europe

I’ve installed the brand new gree wifi modules in my Vaillant airco’s but it seems that the firmware is way older then the one that you are using… strange. No update possible because server version is also V1.08 :frowning:

Interesting as my model is quite old as well. Mine with 3.8 works very well. I forget to mention it.

My units are 6, 4 and 3 years old ones, all of them have the same model number and called Comfort X units. @kovacsi2899 yours are the same? Very strange you have fw v3.8, its not available to me for my units (or maybe first i have to update to 3.72?). Cant see the logic here…

guys, different product lines may have different firmware

turn on debugging and at least we see if the is an initial response when the bindings starts communication. Otherwise, this is an indicator that the unit is not compatible (implementing a different API)

1 Like