New Guy with questions about hardware

I am new to OpenHAB and look forward to learning about it and other open source systems in order to work towards getting a home automation system for a house that I will be building from scratch in about 12 months.

I believe (unless someone can suggest better hardward) that I will be using hardware from Controleverything.com as the back bone of the house. I was wondering if anyone has used this hardware and had success getting it controlled by OpenHab. They have a mass amount of boards and there is no doubt I would be using a LOT of boards.

Like I said I am new and have just started reading about this. I was just hoping to get a jump start on where to focus my reading.

The WiFi/WiPy stuff should work just fine. The Xbee stuff is not currently supported. There is a ZigBee binding in work but ZigBee is a protocol built on top of Xbee. I dobt it will support naked Xbee.

That doesn’t mean you can’t make it work. If you buy/build a gateway to go between Xbee and your IP network it should work fine. However, none of this is going to be something that works out-of-the-box. You will have to get your hands deep into configs and code.