New Inovelli Z-Wave On-Off switches (LZW30), Z-Wave integration with Openhab

You can exclude the LZW30 by tapping 3 times on the config button.

Full switch reset (20 sec press) works too, but as a general rule, I prefer to avoid that with the openhab zwave binding since it doesn’t always seem to remove cleanly. If you do that, you should confirm removal by using the windows zwave tools.

Sounds good thank you Roy!

No, this should NOT be done.
Excluding a device removes it from the controller and of course from the network.
Resetting without excluding properly leaves the device on your controller and you are getting a ghost node with all those bad consequences.

Fair enough. I don’t like doing that anyway.

Just for reference, any advice in case a device breaks and can’t be excluded properly? Is there a suggested method for removal?

To remove after assorted failures, you may need to use the proprietary software for your z-wave device (ie, z-way, etc).

As a point clarification for @aschmi, I have used my LZW30 switches exactly as you described - to extend my z-wave network to some battery devices, and it is working flawlessly (they are ‘routing’). I completed the initialization phases of the battery devices within a few meters of my z-wave controller, and left them there for a day to see the data to know it was all working well. I think an hour would have worked. I frequently manually woke up the battery devices, to help speed this process. The next day I was seeing everything working well, and so I put them off in the remote corner, and had them continue to work well.

Hi Sihui
Yes I had that, and needed to go the windows route and remove the ghost device… But good advice thanks!

Thank you all who helped - sadly I run out of time and left the school 1/2 automated - all the GoControl z-wave devices near the USB master work properly, and the ones farther away are not connected.
Right now I’m 11,000 km away from the school site visiting my family, and will get back to this project beginning of January
Again this community is amazing.
Thank you again
Adrian

2 Likes

@sihui or @chris I have updated the zwave DB for these switches (ID 1113 and 1118) to include a new parameter. Can you help export when you get a chance (apologies if this is not the right process, still learning!)

Thanks!

Please hit the “Request Approval” button otherwise no reviewer gets notified.

3 Likes

Done, thanks!!

1 Like