New Jasco ZWave Smart Dimmer Work around

Lookup 4 posts. Adding xml to a binding jar file.

What is wrong with them?

I just updated the link… which was pre 2.5.

I think the link was the issue. @dhog12 mentioned a bintray issue. and I figured you could spot the issue quicker than I could.

Where I got confused was the link sent me to a post from 2018 on how to install a jar. Given that you just updated the jar file I figured the instructions might be about right but the jar link was no longer valid so I started searching for the latest list and came upon https://ci.openhab.org/job/openhab-release/. But when I click a link there to download you have to login. It didn’t occur to me you edited the original post to put in the latest link and I could just follow that.

That said, if I want to wait until the snapshot build would I then just wait say a week or so and then follow the instructions https://www.openhab.org/download/ to get the latest snapshot build? How would I know when it makes it in, since the current version is 2.5.4 on that page and the latest jar is 2.5.4. Is there some sign that would indicate its been incorporated?

Sorry, one other thing. I also have the attached device which isn’t working. It is the same as earlier except this one is a dimmer vs just a switch.network_e927afca__node_20.xml (1.9 KB)

We have (5iver has) a script for that :smiley:
Zigbee and Z-Wave manual install script - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

I will try to look later today,

I followed the instructions for the zzManualInstaller script and am stuck again. When I execute bash zzManualInstaller.sh --ACTION zwave --ZWAVE_VERSION snapshot
I get an invalid argument message. Accepted values: development, master. Yet --help says snapshot, development are acceptable values. The link posted above to the updated file is a snapshot version so that appears to be what I need.

Thoughts?

I haven’t tested using arguments with the script for a while. Just run it without arguments and use the menus.

1 Like

OK. Did that, went through the prompts and it exited on its own saying "It has taken more than two minutes to uninstall the Z-Wave binding, so exiting.

This means that the REST API never reported the binding as installed. Most often, this is due to entering the wrong password for the openhab account (default is habopen), What do you see in the openhab.log?

Have you thought of just updating to 2.5.4? It was just released today and will have the latest zwave binding.

Well that was much easier. Ran update and upgrade then did dpkg --list |grep openhab2 which returned 2.5.4-1. However, the node is still showing up as ‘unknown device’ and is not responding to commands.

Did you delete the Thing and rediscover it? That’s needed to get the latest update. (This does not mean exclude/include, it means only deleting the thing and rediscovering.)

The other possibility is that the database update for this device missed the cutoff for 2.5.4 and will be in 2.5.5 when it comes out.

It looks like the change made it into 2.5.4.

No - unfortunately that was merged after 2.5.4 was released.

1 Like

Sorry about that… I remember that the release happened on Sunday, but all day I’ve been thinking that TODAY is Sunday! :roll_eyes:

Time for a nap…

Yep - every day is Sunday at the moment! Or is it Monday - who knows :wink:

1 Like

I guess you do not work from home??

Is there a regular release schedule? Should I look for the next stable release say this coming Sunday if I can’t get the add on script to work?

OH 2.5.x is planned to be released about once a month.
I think @chris said he built a snapshot of the binding after 2.5.4. You could try to install the latest snapshot using the script. (sound familiar?) :pray:

I’ll give that script another try. Might have gotten tripped up because it doesn’t show anything when I type the password so I tried to delete what I typed and then start again but maybe I got that wrong.

On another note, any chance the second xml file I sent for the dimmer switch also made it in to the latest zwave snapshot?