New Jasco ZWave Smart Dimmer Work around

Did you delete the Thing and rediscover it? That’s needed to get the latest update. (This does not mean exclude/include, it means only deleting the thing and rediscovering.)

The other possibility is that the database update for this device missed the cutoff for 2.5.4 and will be in 2.5.5 when it comes out.

It looks like the change made it into 2.5.4.

No - unfortunately that was merged after 2.5.4 was released.

1 Like

Sorry about that… I remember that the release happened on Sunday, but all day I’ve been thinking that TODAY is Sunday! :roll_eyes:

Time for a nap…

Yep - every day is Sunday at the moment! Or is it Monday - who knows :wink:

1 Like

I guess you do not work from home??

Is there a regular release schedule? Should I look for the next stable release say this coming Sunday if I can’t get the add on script to work?

OH 2.5.x is planned to be released about once a month.
I think @chris said he built a snapshot of the binding after 2.5.4. You could try to install the latest snapshot using the script. (sound familiar?) :pray:

I’ll give that script another try. Might have gotten tripped up because it doesn’t show anything when I type the password so I tried to delete what I typed and then start again but maybe I got that wrong.

On another note, any chance the second xml file I sent for the dimmer switch also made it in to the latest zwave snapshot?

Still not having any luck getting the script to work. Any thoughts? It did not ask me for a password so that can’t be the problem. Attached is the sequence of screenshots from the process start to finish.screen images.pdf (315.5 KB)

I tried the following today to no avail, still get a warning about the uninstall time and the script quits. Any thoughts??

sudo -u openhab bash zzManualInstaller.sh

You run OH as root?! If so, why run the script with sudo? What do you see in the openHAB.log while the script times out?

1 Like

openhab.log (947.1 KB) frankly I don’t know what I’m doing. It says I should run it as the same account as openhab so I was concerned running it as root was the problem so I google’d how to run commands as another user which led me to the command I posted. As for the log, I attached it. The script was run at 10:04 and ended at 10:07. Appreciate the help.