New Look for Sitemaps

What do you mean by that? Maybe got a screenshot of what you mean exactly?

Unfortunately, I can not show the complete interface in a screenshot on the phone, if someone has a tip, I would be happy.

What I can offer is a much older screenshot that I had created at that time with the PC.

In the meantime, the system has grown significantly, but unfortunately I have no time to somehow tinker there again what I get a screenshot of the entire site map.

I think but you can guess how many red elements appear in the sitemap, I have a true sea of red elements, which floods me personally anyway very reiz.

Since I particularly value a dynamic sitemap, many settings and displays are hidden and appear only when needed, or are hidden in submenus.

So by red elements you’re referring to the selected buttons? If so, those aren’t new, are they? They used to be present before as well, just somewhat smaller…

He means the red ‘frame’ labels in the new app.

He has many warnings in red text color. Now are the ‘frame’ labels also in red color.
It’s too much red :slightly_smiling_face:
Greets

The latest beta version has some improvements. Feel free to download the APK from Releases · openhab/openhab-android · GitHub and give us feedback.

The changes include:

• Don’t hide frames without label
  • Use special layout for player widget
  • Limit number of updates in Setpoint slider
  • Add ScrollView to selection bottom sheet
  • Implement an option to use dynamic colors (This brings back theming, but a bit different than before).

as a new user you can unfortunately only post 1 picture, sorry…

Here again screenshots of old versus new…

• The argument that now is more space for item names, I can not confirm on the contrary as you can see in the heating control, I no longer even see the full °C indication…

• in the old view I had as mentioned only warning messages in red, which were then at least conspicuous

• significantly more scrolling now with higher risk of triggering operating errors, because the whole display now accommodates the possibility of buttons, which was previously limited only to the right edge strip

Cali

2 Likes

That indeed needs improvement. We didn’t have the use case of ‘Text with value, but without label’ in mind. I’ll have a look at this. On the plus side, after fixing that, it’ll look properly, without the alignment error on the left.

Version 3.0.8 has the requested compact mode for sitemaps:

7 Likes

Just installed the Beta, it is much better and clearer than before, a good way!

Nice! Love it! :+1:

Looks great! Thank you.

Perfect, now we are back on track :grinning:

1 Like

The previous theme color setting is back: Release 3.1.2-beta · openhab/openhab-android · GitHub

For more information see discussion in Reintroduce theme selection by maniac103 · Pull Request #3178 · openhab/openhab-android · GitHub

2 Likes

I like the option :+1:

However, the app crashed after I set the theme selection to “Dynamic” and can’t be restarted afterwards (it keeps crashing on startup).
The crash is reproducible after deleting the apps data.

Pixel 6a, Android 13. Any other information I can provide?

Tracked here: 3.1.2-beta crashes instantly on sitemap with Dynamic color scheme selected · Issue #3214 · openhab/openhab-android · GitHub

Fixed in Release 3.1.3-beta · openhab/openhab-android · GitHub

1 Like

The new UI looks great and especially with the latest improvements (compact-mode) I think it’s a hugh leap for the app. A big thank you for that!
As one mentioned above I also have trouble with the new behavior of the setpoint item. Even with the update limitation of 200ms you added it is still much too fast for my radiator valves (max! thermostat with homegear and homematic binding). I got errors in the log and the value is not set correctly.
I think also other devices like rollershutters can’t handle updates that fast.
Is there a way to get the “set button” back or to set a user defined update limit? Or as suggeted above a “set on finger release” feature?

1 Like

Here is a thread about this.

https://community.openhab.org/t/sliders-not-working-on-android-update/143843/13

I’d like to bring up the tags again.

Wouldn’t that be a suitable way to determine Item specific behaviour in the app. In the items doc it says “tags can then be used by add-ons to interact with Items in context-sensitive ways”. That quite fits the purpose here if you consider the app an add-on (in a broader sense).

Plus: Tags are domain-specific (let’s call it that for lack of a better idea): If their names are unique and specific enough for the app (e.g. something like “AndroidSitemapCompact” for compact display or “AndroidSitemapSliderSingle” for sliders that shall only send updates when released) they would not have any impact on any other add-ons or rendering engines (BasicUI, iOS-App) and you could easily realise different presentations in the app (without any heuristics) and the user could combine different approaches in one sitemap (e.g. compact multi-switches for my rollershutters and non-compact ones where needed).

1 Like