New openHab2 EnOcean binding

You might find some answers in the private github repo of the author, that he discussed with a user: https://github.com/fruggy83/openocean/issues/17

I did not follow that discussion, but as these devices are still not mentioned in the official documentation may not be a good sign

Please see here:

Hi,

Which one do you use? Is it compatible with this binding.

THX

I use this one : https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01DRO7B2U with OH. Standard Chip/Interface that almost all Enocean-USB-Sticks use.

Anybody knows what this message imply?

[istics.impl.base.FloatCharacteristic] - Detected value out of range 0.0. Returning min value instead. Characteristic io.github.hapjava.characteristics.impl.thermostat.CurrentTemperatureCharacteristic@1cabeca

Hello, trying to teach-in a Eltako FSB71 2x 230V with no luck.
Have many other Eltako actuators running (FSR14-4, FSB14, FSR71NP 4x 230V, …).
But with this I have a problem.

my config is this:

Thing:
Thing rollershutter Terrasse_R1 "Terrasse_R1" @ "Rolladen" [ enoceanId="FFBDE881", senderIdOffset=112, sendingEEPId="A5_3F_7F_EltakoFSB", receivingEEPId="A5_3F_7F_EltakoFSB","F6_00_00", broadcastMessages=true, suppressRepeating=false ] {Channels: Type rollershutter:rollershutter [shutTime=25]}

Item:
Rollershutter Terrasse_R1 "Terrasse R1" <rollershutter> (gRolladen) {channel="enocean:rollershutter:enoceanpi:Terrasse_R1:rollershutter", autoupdate="false"}

When I try to teach-in I get:
2020-11-26 22:41:15.515 [DEBUG] [ernal.transceiver.EnOceanTransceiver] - Enqueue new send request with ESP3 type RADIO_ERP1 without callback

2020-11-26 22:41:15.517 [DEBUG] [ernal.transceiver.EnOceanTransceiver] - Sending data, type RADIO_ERP1, payload A5FFF80D80FFF922710001FFFFFFFFFF00

2020-11-26 22:41:15.529 [DEBUG] [ernal.transceiver.EnOceanTransceiver] - RESPONSE with code RET_OK payload 00 received

2020-11-26 22:41:15.549 [DEBUG] [ernal.transceiver.EnOceanTransceiver] - RADIO_ERP1 with RORG _4BS for FFF92271 payload A5FFF80D80FFF922710101FFFFFFFF3C00 received

2020-11-26 22:41:15.551 [INFO ] [ernal.transceiver.EnOceanTransceiver] - Discard message because this is a teach-in telegram from FFF92271!

With a normal rocker switch it works.
Any idea?
Thx

How did you do the teach-in ? Did you link a switch-item to the teach-in channel of your thing ?
Per documentation of the FSB71 did you put the upper switch to position “180” ?

Hi Markus,
I use things and items files for normal creation, but Paper UI for the teach switch as I only need this once.
In the log you can see that it’s doing something.
I did not use 180, I used 10 as I don’t use a scene.

Hi Thomas,
per the docs you have to use “180” if you want to teach in “GVFS” which is basically what OH sends.

HTH
-Markus

Hi Markus,
works great. Thanks.
In my official document from Eltako there is nothing mentioned for teaching in the GVFS.
Looks like they have different manuals for the same product.

Another step in home automation done. Coming weekend I will try to resovle two other points I still have with the EnOcean binding:

• I don’t get any feedback in openhab if a rocker switch is pressed. Looks like the response of the actuator is not processed.
  • In rules I can only use up/down/stop with rollershutters but not percentage.

Regards
Thomas

Glad it works now.
Regarding the response of the actuators, there are a multiple points in the chain where faults can occur. One just has to go step by step, but normally one can get it work.

-Markus

Hey,
Is there anyone who has contacts running with this binding?
I can‘t use my window contacts because of this log entry…
Need help!

„ [DEBUG] [ernal.transceiver.EnOceanTransceiver] - RADIO_ERP1 with RORG _1BS for FFEF3D32 payload D500FFEF3D320001FFFFFFFF3400 received

[INFO ] [ernal.transceiver.EnOceanTransceiver] - Discard message because this is a teach-in telegram from FFEF3D32!“

Yes

And how do you configured them?

I started here, then did a search in this thread and found a ton of examples already.

After still having trouble I posted at least some basic information on the device I have trouble with (eg make and model, references to documentation eg. the EEP) along with the relevant parts of my Enocean OH setup. Notably my things and items setup.

As it still was not working I posted more than one line of log, and stated what I was doing that lead to that log-entry and the result I was expecting.

At that point users jumped on the topic, compared with their setup, some users even had my exact device already working (they knew because I provided that info as stated above) and posted their configuration.

I already posted this several weeks ago, but nobody „jumped“ on, see:

That is because also in your initial post it is nearly impossible to post less information.

I got a very extensive Eltako setup.
E.g. shutters, light, power consumption, weatherdata, poweroutlets and more…
Everything is working fine with openhab except the contacts because the message get discarded.

So I just want to know what’s the solution that these telegrams doesn’t get discarded. They are no teach in telegrams.
I think my case is so unique that only @fruggy83 can answer this.

I would start by creating a new topic. The info about your setup is scattered all around in this post.
The important part you missed mentioning is the FTS14EM, this is the guy you have issues with.

Per Eltako docs it send its messages with a lot of different base-IDs. @fruggy83 already told you earlier in this thread that once you discovered a switch/contact/window you need to note the base-id, remove that and create a new (rocker) item with that manually.
Per:

it mimics a normal FT55 rocker switch:

I tried to create a rocker thing (not item) but it doesn‘t work also.
If you look at the log which I posted you see that the telegramms and ID are received by the openhab correctly, but then they getting ignored because openhab says they are teach in telegramms. Which they are not.

I think this has something to do with this here: