New Thing not in database

Hi all,

I do have the everspring AN145-2 lamp holder but it seems not to be in the database. It only includes that way: Z-Wave Node 015 (0135:0004:0001:1.2)

And after inclusion I do not have channels :frowning:

It says:

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:

• The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
  • The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

What can I do now?
Thank you,
Torsten

@chris We have Everspring as Manufacturer 0x0060 (96 decimal) which agrees with Silabs,

0135 decimal is 0x087 which, according to Silabs, is Airvent. 0x0135 is Zyxel

Assistance would be appreciated. The alliance lists the device here.

Hi there,

I have now access to OpenSmartHouse to create devices, but when I try to do so I only get the message “error” at the top right.

I have read the instructions and think I did nothing really wrong. Do I have to work on that XML-Code before pasting it?

Try searching. I think the device is likely there. That is a known error.

It is here, waiting for you.

1 Like

Yes, this is it
 I didn’t find it, because I didn’t know the name “Zyxel”, for me the manufacturer was “Everspring”.

Thank you, I will now try to enter the needed data and will see what happens.

When entered: How long will it take to be ported to my OH3-System?

When you request a review it send out an email. After somebody reviews & approved the entry, it will be in the following database export. We usually try to export the database at least once a week. After that, the next snapshot build should have the device.

You then need to manually install the snapshot version of the binding. Sometimes you need to delete the Thing from OH and rediscover it to get the latest binding settings.

Sorry to be so vague. If you want a status update you can post here. I can usually check to find out when the database was last exported, etc.

1 Like

@chris
The alliance indicates this is only a Z-Wave device and I cannot find any information on association groups or Configuration Parameters.

I assume this was normal for some non-Plus devices?

Prior to ZW+ specification there were no requirements on having any configuration (there still isn’t I believe) or association groups. ZW+ added the requirement to have group 1 as the lifeline.

So for older devices it wasn’t completely uncommon to have no groups, and for something as simple as a lamp, which will not have anything to report since it isn’t a control, this is probably correct.

2 Likes

OK I’ll approve it a little later, Just wanted to verify my failing memory.

2 Likes

I am quasi overwhelmed :slight_smile: :grinning:

It works :slight_smile: I made the update to the new Milestone yesterday and it was already included. I just had to delete the thing and make a new search.

Thank you so much

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.