New to OpenHab, trying to get Z Wave to work

Hello!

I´m new to OpenHab, did use the image to my Raspberry Pi B+,
i have a Razpberry Gen5 on it, and trying to get it to work.
Installed the binding for z wave, but when i try to add it as a thing.
Everything restarts… It looks simple but not… What i´m i doing wrong?

Assuming Rpi3b, you should be able to manually add the controller. Via inbox , zwave, bridge. Per the documentation, if a problem set the binding in debug mode and post using code blocks. For Rpi4 you may need to put controller in usb 2.0 hub EDIT. Never mind the hub comment, reread post. Sorry

But where do i find the inbox? I have
-No Pages
-Administration
-Settings
-Developer tools

I have no inbox

Settings, things. Should at least be a Plus sign

I can to in on things, use the plus to “choose binding” and “z-wave binding”, after that is goes on and on and on, then everything restart.

Where do i find debug mode

Probably need to read a bit of the documentation. It is right at the end of the zwave “when things do not go as planned”.

I don’t have a lot of experience with Razberry, I use Zsticks, but zwave creating a restart is unusual (IMO). Before going into debug, what does the openhab.log look like?

When i do a log:tail.

I get nothing when i try to plus thing, and everything halt, i just does.

But i i try to do somethingelse i get this

23:11:08.149 [WARN ] [f.transport.servlet.ServletController] - Can’t find the request for http://192.168.1.131:8080/rest/inbox’s Observer
23:11:08.178 [WARN ] [f.transport.servlet.ServletController] - Can’t find the request for http://192.168.1.131:8080/rest/things’s Observer

I think there might be something else going on. The start-up log on a new system should have something like; (obviously for your location)

2023-07-09 17:21:25.756 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.Activator          ] - Starting openHAB 4.0.0.M3 (build Milestone Build)
2023-07-09 17:21:26.411 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Time zone set to 'America/New_York'.
2023-07-09 17:21:26.414 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Locale set to 'en_US'.
2023-07-09 17:21:26.416 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Measurement system set to 'US'.

Also what does this page show: (Help and About)
about

I’m not familiar with the RaZberry, but IIRC there are special steps to be taken to map the RaZberry to a serial port that can then be used by the Z-Wave binding:

2 Likes