New Z-Way Binding

@renestraub
Hi Rene,
Yes the binding is compatible with OH 2.2. Just uninstall the ZWay binding via Paper UI and place the .jar file within the Addons folder of your openHAB installation.
After a few seconds openHAB will detect the binding and install it automatically.
Thank you also for testing the binding.
Wire82

Running @Wire82 's build for almost a week nowā€¦ and no problems!
And, indeed, there is a MASSIVE improvement in responsiveness!
Superb work, Johannes! Vielen Dank! :beers:

Ok, just installed the 2.3 binding. First impression is very good. Controlled devices react much, much faster than before. CPU load around 20% compared to >100% before. Iā€™ll keep you updated regarding stability and performance.

Great job !
-Rene

Now i found the time to set up a test environment with the latest OH-Snapshot and it works very fine :+1:

Reinstalled OH 2.2 and the new z-way binding from @wire82 ā€¦ running very well now
Thanks a lot, great work

@Juergen_Pechmann
@Heiko_Fanieng
@renestraub
@Mihai_Badea
@SM1IRS
@m0m
@Casper_Lassenius
@alberto.vincenzi

Thank you very much for testing the binding. After it seems that everything works well I prepared everything for the PR at OpenHab. The version I want to push can be found here:

So fell free to test the, hopefully, final binding. :slight_smile:

Wire82

1 Like

Iā€™ve just installed it. With the previous version, I never had a problem.
Does something changed in this version?

Today I did the PR at OpenHab. So letā€™s see when it gets approvedā€¦

Thank you all for testingā€¦!

@alberto.vincenzi

This is just the clean version I did for the PR. Normally nothing should change for you. I only cleaned the code from various Debug points.

Wire82

Gentleman,

One week of testing is over. All good so far. Response time still very fast. System properly working.

RenƩ

Hi Wire82
also the clean version of you z-way binding run very well since five days, without any problems. Thanks

Can someone please ping Kai to review the commit. For many user this updates makes the difference between a useless OpenHAB Installation and a well working system.

The reworked binding should be merged ASAP.

Best regards
RenƩ

2 Likes

Dear all,
I am trying this binding and I am using OpenHab 2.2.0 and the version patched by Wire82. First of all: a big ā€œthank youā€ to Wire82 for his effort and more in general to the entire community for what I was able to understand from all you.
In general terms, the binding appear to be responsive, but there is an issue that I do not understand: I am trying the process of inclusion of OpenHab items into ZWay, but even if I am able to go ahead through the configuration inside PaperUI, I am then unable to finalize the inclusion inside ZWay. For example, look at the picture below, where I put a switch inside ā€œsecure inclusionā€ mode:

immagine

At this point I would expect to go to the ZWay interface (http://192.168.1.129:8083/smarthome/#/devices) and be able to start the inclusion of that OpenHab switch as a sort of ā€œvirtual deviceā€ā€¦ or I am wrong? As a matter of fact, I am unable to do this. I am at my first steps with both OpenHab and Zwave/Zway, but on the basis of limited experience after starting the inclusion mode of a physical device I should take some action on the device itself in order to complete the inclusion process (push a button, etc.). In this case, which kind of action must I take? I can only say that fter putting the switch into ā€œinclusionā€ mode from PaperUI I can see it into the ā€œcontrolā€ option of PaperUI, in this way:

immagine

I tried to move the switch during the inclusion process activated from Zway, but nothing happened.
I am quite convinced that I honestly did not understand some important detail, but at the moment I am unable to proceed. I am able to control OpenHab switches and items from Zway using http commands, but using the ZWay binding would be anyway a more elegant solution.

Thank you for any suggestion, and please forgive me if I really did not understand some important issue!
Marco

Hi!

I am having some issues the last couple of weeks.
It is the binding, i am pretty sure.
Sometimes it takes minutes for the devices to react (not battery powered devices that donā€™t sleep :wink: ).
But if i log into razberry and control it from there everything is fine.
The problem is that i donā€™t get any indication in the log files so i donā€™t know how to solve this problem.
Can your give me some hints on what to check or ask what you need to get this fixed?

I am running the latest binding provided via paperUI on a raspberry pi 3 with the z-wave shield attached.
affected is for instance my fibaro wall plug.

Razberry FW up to date (2.3.6) ā€¦

@Jonas88

This sounds like the problem which is discussed here over the last weeks.
And you are right. If you using the binding provided by PaperUI it has some big issues.
To solve this please try the binding provided above and install it via the addons folder (Donā€™t forget to uninstall the zWay binding via PaperUI first).
This should solve your problem.

Wire82

@Marco_Pascucci

I dontā€™t know if this is possible. As I think the binding can not provide some virtual items from OpenHab to Zway. The binding allows controlling zWay items via OpenHab only.

Wow, lightning fast response!

I installed it and will test it :slight_smile:
Reporting back in a few days!

Thanks for the great work!

@Wire82

Thank you for your answer!

I will continue with http commands for the moment.

But at this point I admit that I do not understand the concept of ā€œinclusionā€ as presented inside the configuration panel of the Z-Way serverā€¦

@Marco_Pascucci
Inclusion will set the Z-Way controller into the inclusion mode for adding new devices to the network.
The same as you normally do if you add a new device via zWay.

Iā€™m having problem with status updates of items in openhab2. Iā€™m running Razberry with z-wave v2.3.6 and OpenHAB Connector 0.1.8 beta on one RPi and Openhab 2.2.0 / 4.1.3 on another, connected to the same local network and apart from the status update issue everything seems to work great.
After installing org.openhab.binding.zway-2.3-0-SNAPSHOT.jar (after uninstalling the original z-way binding), everything worked like a charm. Status changes of contacts etc was updated in the Z-way-server and almost simultaneously in Openhab. It seemed as the new z-way binding together with the Z-way app was the solution to earlier problem getting status updates in Openhab, apart from the polling intervals, which always has been OK.
But after only some time (hours) the updates stopped working again. The updates are OK in the Z-way-server, but nothing is updated in Openhab until a new periodic polling is carried out. Restarting of the RPi:s makes no difference. I even tried to delete the tmp and cache of Openhab and reinstalled the bindings, but it didnā€™t help, I never get back to the first successful installation of the SNAPSHOT. No notes in the openhab.log and some examples of the z-way-server.log can be seen below.
Example of items

Contact	Bedroom_Door		"Door [%s]"				<door>			(Bedroom, gDoor)	{channel="zway:zwayDevice:192_168_0_100:11:sensorDoorWindow-ZWayVDev_zway_11-0-48-10"}
Contact	Bedroom_TamperAlarm	"Tamper Alarm [%s]"		<error>			(Bedroom)			{channel="zway:zwayDevice:192_168_0_100:11:sensorTamper-ZWayVDev_zway_11-0-48-8"}
Number	Bedroom_Battery		"Door Battery [%d %%]"	<batterylevel>	(Bedroom, gBattery)	{channel="zway:zwayDevice:192_168_0_100:11:battery-ZWayVDev_zway_11-0-128"}

Some log-examples

[10:54:41.660] [D] [zway] SETDATA devices.10.instances.0.commandClasses.49.data.1 = Empty
[10:54:41.686] [I] [core] Notify openHAB item ...
[10:54:41.687] [I] [core] OpenHAB server found
[10:54:41.687] [I] [core] http://localhost:8080/rest/items/LaundryRoom_Temp/state
[10:54:41.744] [I] [core] openHAB item not notified LaundryRoom_Temp
[10:54:41.991] [D] [zway] Job 0x13: deleted from queue
[10:54:42.075] [I] [core] Notification: warning (module): Observer not notified - openHAB item: LaundryRoom_Temp (HTTP Status: -1 - Couldn't connect to server -  Not message available). Failed request: http://localhost:8080/rest/items/LaundryRoom_Temp/state with body: 19
[10:54:42.199] [D] [zway] Job 0x13: deleted from queue
[10:54:42.395] [D] [zway] Job 0x13: deleted from queue
[10:54:42.582] [D] [zway] Job 0x13: deleted from queue

[18:15:41.749] [D] [zway] SendData Response with callback 0xda received: received by recipient
[18:15:41.749] [D] [zway] SETDATA devices.11.data.lastSendInternal = **********
[18:15:41.749] [D] [zway] Job 0x13 (Nonce Report): success
[18:15:41.749] [I] [zway] Removing job: Nonce Report
[18:15:41.769] [D] [zway] RECEIVED: ( 01 1D 00 04 00 0B 17 98 81 BE 7E 24 A2 24 2A 25 C5 A3 7A 16 A9 77 15 EA 50 72 85 7D 32 BD F0 )
[18:15:41.769] [D] [zway] SENT ACK
[18:15:41.769] [D] [zway] SETDATA devices.11.data.lastReceived = 0 (0x00000000)
[18:15:41.769] [I] [zway] Node 11:0 CC Security: Received a secure message
[18:15:41.770] [D] [zway] SETDATA devices.11.instances.0.commandClasses.152.data.firstPart = **********
[18:15:41.770] [I] [zway] Node 11:0 CC Security: passing decrypted packet to application level: [ 8f 01 00 ]

Help would be highly appreciated.
/Erik