Newbie attempting Vera binding and failing badly :(

Hi,

I’m completely new to openHAB and fairly new to automation. I’ve been running a Vera plus for a good few months and have been looking to migrate to another system.

I decided to look in to openHAB. I’ve installed the system and I can access my page the web browser.

Being an existing Vera user I decided that it was probably best to use the Mios Binding and see how that went before splashing out on a USB stick. I’ve added the two jar files to the adding folder, the action and the binding ones. I also copied a number of .map files in to my configuration transform folder.

Using the Mios Generator I generated an items file. it generated 192.168.1.95.items (I renamed it to house.items)

I then renamed my vera to house and added mios:house.host=192.168.1.95 to my config file.

I added a Group to my sitemap and it showed everything, lots of odd stuff to be honest.
My Groups are adde with the syntax of Group item=GRoom5 label=“Kitchen” icon=“network-on” (didn’t bother changing icon form an existing demo group).

My problem arrises when I attempt to control anything, it just doesn’t work :frowning:

I do see a lot of errors mentioned in the log in the terminal window, many of which mention there being issues with devices, such as

2016-11-14 23:21:54.203 [ERROR] [i.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'mios' of item ‘SGarageSensorBatteryLevel‘ could not be parsed correctly.
org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigParseException: Config for item 'SGarageSensorBatteryLevel' could not be parsed.  Bad general format 'unit:192.168.1.95,device:177/service/HaDevice1/BatteryLevel'```

Could somebody please take a look at my items file to see if it's correct and also if possible could somebody give me an example sitemap that uses the Mios bindings for devices.

I've attached my [house.items](http://celtic-backups.s3.amazonaws.com/stuff/house.items)

I think I just found my own issue!

it says unit:192.168.1.95 so I changed all appearances of that to unit:house and it works :slight_smile:

So could somebody just point me in the direction of a couple of examples for my sitemap to add single switches using the details in the item files please?

@CelticWebs - Hi Huw , you have probably already sorted this, but see here for good info and examples: