[Newbie] Z-Wave PIR Sensor shows as Unknown Device

I verified last Sunday. See?

1 Like

Sorry - I missed it. If you donā€™t reply to me, then I donā€™t get a notification and it relies on me finding the message in the list of new messagesā€¦

Iā€™ll have a look.

So the log shows the same thing -:

2019-06-23 09:26:18.377 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 3: Updating channel state zwave:device:16b83f77166:node3:sensor_temperature to 24.8 Ā°C [QuantityType]

Itā€™s clearly configured as a QuantityType, and is setting the units correctly.

Sorry (Newbie, remember?):frowning:

IMO it is more important right now for you to get Zigbee ready for release :wink:

Another thought - how have you defined the item? Iā€™m not an expert on the QuantityType, but possibly if youā€™ve not defined the item correctly, then OH may not perform the conversion.

Yes and trying the default units (%units?) gave an error.

Ok, Iā€™m not sure then. Iā€™m not super familiar with the QuantityType - only what the binding does, and from the logs, it is providing a QuantityType with the correct units, so the binding looks fine at least.

Is OH keying off the message before that? It does not show units.

2019-06-23 09:26:18.375 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 3: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint=0, command class=COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, value=24.8

My item (now with my transform) is

Number Outdoor_Temperature "Temperature [JS(tempConvert.js):%s F]" <temperature>
 (papillon_yard) { channel="zwave:device:16b83f77166:node3:sensor_temperature" }

No. You should check your events log if you want to see the OH side.

Also, remember that this is working for others here (at least it used to, and Iā€™ve not heard any problems other than with your setup, so Iā€™m assuming itā€™s still working for others). The static unit tests that are run every time the binding is compiled also shows that this is correctly decoding and sending the channel types as QuantityType.

Hmmm - are you sure this is correct for a QuantityType???

Maybe itā€™s worth taking a look at the docs -:

I 'borrowed" a script that just keys off the F :wink:

I just changed to try
Number Outdoor_Temperature "Temperature [%.2f %unit%]" <temperature> (papillon_yard) { channel="zwave:device:16b83f77166:node3:sensor_temperature" }
and , after an update, received
2019-06-29 13:00:04.483 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Outdoor_Temperature changed from NULL to 31.4
and

No units.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by this?

Iā€™d suggest to read the docs I referenced!

As far as I can tell, your item definition is incorrect - no matter how it was generated. As suggested earlier, youā€™re not using the quantity type - youā€™re using a standard number, so I suspect that this doesnā€™t work for that reason?

Sorry, I missed how to specify a quantity. Looks OK now. Newbie error for sure.

2019-06-29 13:17:28.808 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Outdoor_Temperature changed from NULL to 88.52 Ā°F

Thank you for your patient instruction.

1 Like