Nibe uplink binding

After a long fight with perl scripts, this was unbelievably painless, thanks!! Working flawlessly

Hi
I updated my openhab to 2.5.11 and after that I no longer get any data from my NIBE F1255. it says Online in Paper UI but no data.
I updated the software on my NIBE at the same time but restored it to see if that was the problem but no result.
Thankful if anyone can help me!

The NibeUplink binding does not interact with your NIBE driectly. It gets its data via the NibeUplink service. Therefore it does not depend on any Firmware version of your local installation.
I recently updated to 2.5.11 as well but it works fine for me. If it is online it seems that connection to the NibeUplink service was established. It seems to be a little bit weird that it is online on the one hand but does not retrieve any data on the other hand. NibeUplink always returns data even if it is outdated and your NIBE is switched off or disconnected from the internet. Please check again if your configuration is correct, especially the ID of your device needs to be correct.

Thank you for you response.
I tried to uninstall and install the binding and it worked fine after that, don´t know what the issue was.

Hi @pacive,

I’m also looking for a another binding for Nibe. I’m using the SMO40 with F2120/20 and the generic binding doesn’t read all parameters.

I’m using OH3.

many thanks,
emiel

Hi @emiel! Glad that others feel that my binding is useful! You can download an OH3 version from here. Setup instructions are available in the README. If you have any questions or issues you can use this forum thread. Hope everything works for you. I haven’t tried it with any external heatpump addons (except for an extra heating circuit), but as long as Nibe reports it the binding should automatically create corresponding channels.

Hi @pacive Many thanks! I’ll start binding and I’ll let you know if it works in my setup!

Works perfect! many, many thanks!

Hi Alex,

Any thoughts on supporting the S-series of NIBE heat pumps in the official binding? They don’t use the NIBE Uplink but instead (the newer?) myUplink.

1 Like

Hello Mark,
I am Hichem, new to the forum. It seems we have the same equipment. I also live in Switzerland and own an Alpha Innotec NP-CS40 controller with a NP-AW20 slave. I am interested in your experience in installing the Nibe firmware both on the controller and the slave, because I need it for my home automation application. Could you describe what you did? Did you just get the firmware files and operating instructions from AIT? Who did you talk to at AIT Switzerland?
Many thanks in advance for your help,
Best regards,
Hichem

Hello Mark, I am Hichem, new to the forum. It seems we have the same equipment. I also live in Switzerland and own an Alpha Innotec NP-CS40 controller with a NP-AW20 slave. I am interested in your experience in installing the Nibe firmware. Could you describe what AIT did to your controller? Did they just come with an USB key and load a NIBE firmware? Did they have to change the software on the slave as well?
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Cheers,
Hichem

1 Like

Andres… sorry

Hi Hichem,

Sorry, I was not looking here for a while. I don’t actually know how they did it as this is a new house and they installed and delivered the heatpump during construction without me watching. But when they handed it over to me it already had the NIBE FW installed.

All further updates were by me via USB after notifications via the NIBE uplink page.

Cheers,
Andres

Ok thanks Andres
Cheers,
Hichem

Hello. For this morning i get an Communication Error. The thing is offline and has an server error. The app and uplink website are working. I’ve done no changes.
What can I do? Thanks.

Same here. Maybe it gets fixed or they changed the api. That would require the binding to be reworked.

Checked it. SSL certificate has expired. Damn n00bs from operations.

1 Like

Now binding is working again :+1:

Hi Hichem,
sorry I didnt read this here before… lets have a chat about it, I am happy to share my experience. in short, I asked them first kindly, then very direct to change this, as I was promised by the installer that I am able to use the mobile app with my AIT heatpump, which turned out to be a joke.
still I am not super happy with the solution, but at least I can now use the nibe mobile app and control my system more or less… but the Nibe app is real crap, so I would still love to see a full integration into openhab, which also is not fully the case yet…

where do you live? in ZH area?
br, mark

Hi Mark, no I’m in Geneva, and I am also upset with AIT, but no chance to change the system into Nibe here. I finally resolved my problem by using switches to augment the water and heating temperature when I get surplus from my solar panels. Still puzzles me why one system has an open api, and the other exact same copy misses it :rage:.
Maybe we should team up to make them change!
Cheers,
Hichem

1 Like

Hi,
I would like to get the information about SG Ready status, SG Ready input A and SG Ready input B.
Taking a look at the other Nibe binding, I assume these values can be retrieved via 44874, 44878 and 44879. Not sure about the type (base, general, …).
Seems, that it’s required to add them to the nibeuplink.properties files (click) of the binding, right?
Did somebody already do this, or could these values be added to an updated version of the binding, please?
@AlexF What do you think - any chance? :slight_smile:
If you tell me how to find out the type (base, general, …) I could of course support in doing this…
Many thanks!