Nibe Uplink REST API Binding [3.3.0;4.2.0)

I think that’s the only way unfortunately, the alternative is to delete the jar from the filesystem, but that would probably require a restart of OH to get it back.

I might have found one more discrepancy.

The status#cooling switch stays off, while the machine is cooling for the last couple of days.

Thing channels

NIBE Uplink

Thanks for reporting this, my system don’t support cooling, so I haven’t been able to test this channel myself. What is likely the cause is that the API is sending a different string than I thought. I’ll get back to you on how you can help me determine the correct value.

1 Like

I’ve updated the binding to add logging of all the currently active components. If you enable TRACE logging level (log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.nibeuplinkrest) You should be able to regurlarly see a line in the log like this:

12:49:25.982 [TRACE] [ndler.NibeUplinkRestBaseSystemHandler] - Updating status channels for system <SYSTEM ID>. Active components: priceOfElectricity, ventilation

If you can get back to me with that output when you have cooling active I should be able to correct the channel.

To update the binding, just uninstall it and reinstall from the marketplace. Things/Items will continue to work without change.

Hi @pacive thanks for the update!

My system dropped out of cooling mode on that same morning, but looking at the weather forecast, I expect to be cooling again this weekend.

I will report back! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not even 48 hours after a storm ripped solar panels of roofs and toppled AC units, we are back to sitting shorts and needing cooling…

2023-07-07 09:15:24.621 [TRACE] [dler.NibeUplinkRestBaseSystemHandler] - Updating status channels for system 136852. Active components: heatingMediumPump, brinePump, coolingpassive

That is the output when the cooling is active. My system is a water/water unit and therefore uses passive cooling, but I think there are also units that can do active cooling.

Great! I’ll add those as channels as soon as possible, the brinePump isn’t currently available either.

Sorry for the delay, but I have now added the extra channels. To make them work you’ll have to reinstall the binding, delete and rediscover your system Thing. The channel for cooling has a different name (collingpassiveActive, I know it’s an oxymoron :wink: ), so you will also have to link the item to this channel instead.

I also had to make some adjustments to make the binding work properly with OH 4, and due to some changes in core this unfortunately means that it’s no longer compatible with 3.2, so 3.3 is now the lowest supported version.

I completely missed your reply :astonished: even though I have notifications enabled.

Thanks for the update! I am currently upgrading to OH4, which is a bit of a pain due to all the UoM and JRuby changes. But I did notice that I cannot install the latest version from the Marketplace anymore? I had to download the jar file.

I’ll let you know once I was fully able to test it :slight_smile:

Thanks for pointing that out, I had only specified the compatibility up to 4.0.0, while OH is now at 4.0.3 :smile: should be available now. Haven’t had time to test on the latest milestone though, that’s on my to-do list.

Thanks, I was now able to install the binding via the Marketplace again.

I’ve removed and re-added by system, and was able to link the new cooling channel. I can’t test it at the moment as temperatures dropped, and I hope to have the system idle for the next weeks until heating has to kick in.

1 Like

Small side-question; with the openHAB 4 upgrade the requirements for correct Units of Measurements became a bit more strict. I managed to fix most of them but are stuck with the DegreeMinutes.

Unit '°·min' could not be parsed to a known unit. Keeping old unit 'one' for item 'HeatPump_DegreeMinutes'.

What is the actual correct unit for this already somewhat mystical value?

Since it’s a Nibe-specific unit, there is no suitable dimension for it in OH, and the best you can do is probably to keep the default unit one and change the presentation (i.e., state description).

1 Like

Hey @pacive can you bump it again for version 4.1.1 :slight_smile: ? Just installed 4.1.1-1 via the APT repo, and had to re-add the addons, but it doesn’t show anymore :sweat:

Thanks!

Sure, just hadn’t had the time to verify nothing broke in OH 4.1. Did a quick smoke test just now, and the binding starts as it should at least. Let me know if there are any problems!

Looking good so far!

Only thing I noticed is that the ‘Add-on Settings’ page for this one is empty, where most others at least have a log level setting.

@pacive, lately when I access the NibeUplink portal, I get spammed with notices to upgrade my machine, and switch over to MyUplink. Afraid of NIBE shutting down the old service in the near future; do you get the same, and have you been able to take a look into the new API?

Digging around, I hear the API is quite similar to the old one. And for the new one, they at least have “some” documentation: Swagger UI

Yes, I have gotten that too. I don’t plan to update this binding to use the new API, but they is work done (which I hope I will have time to contribute to) to create a new official myuplink binding instead.

Today I received an email from Nibe that the old service will be limited from June 1st and will be ended by the end of summer.
@pacive You mention work is done on a new binding using myuplink. Is there anything that we could see already and perhaps contribute?

@AlexF has started work on a new binding, but cannot test it against the new API. If you are willing to upgrade to myUplink and help with that I’m sure it will be appreciated. If you can help with development, even better. The repo can be found here: GitHub - alexf2015/openhab-addons at myuplink-dev

I haven’t found the time yet to either upgrade my heatpump, or look into the work he has started unfortunately.